What We Do
Friendly, knowledgeable tutors are available to help UC students in free one-on-one sessions in multiple areas of study. Tutors can assist students with any of the following:
- Mastering course material
- Sharpening note-taking and research skills
- Refining study and test-taking skills
From time to time, tutors will also host group study sessions for selected courses. For further details, email email@example.com.
How Academic Tutoring Sessions Work
- Students may sign up for a maximum of 1 full hour of tutoring per week, pending tutor availability. They may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional tutoring (beyond 1 hour per week).
- Please note that we will not always be able to accommodate students for tutoring in all subjects, or to the extent that you may feel necessary. (For those students with documented learning disabilities, additional services may be available. Please visit the Accessibility Services office for further information about such support and accommodation.)
- Tutoring sessions are held in the Centre for Academic Excellence, Room E304.
- Please be on time for each session. If you are unable to attend a previously arranged tutoring session, kindly provide 24 hours’ notice. Students who arrive late, cancel, or skip appointments without good reason may be ineligible for further tutoring.
What to Bring to a Session
Depending on your goals and needs for the session, you may want to bring any of the following:
- Course syllabus
- Course materials (texts, lecture notes, PowerPoint, handouts, etc.)
- Research materials
- Your specific questions and concerns