What We Do
Friendly, knowledgeable tutors are available to help UC students in free one-on-one sessions in multiple areas of study. Tutors can assist students with any of the following:
- Mastering course material
- Sharpening note-taking and research skills
- Refining study and test-taking skills
From time to time, tutors will also host group study sessions for selected courses. For further details, email academictutoring [at] tyndale [dot] ca.
How Academic Tutoring Sessions Work
- Students may sign up for a maximum of 1 hour of tutoring per week, pending tutor availability.
- Please note that we will not always be able to accommodate students for tutoring in all subjects, or to the extent that you may feel necessary. (For those students with documented learning disabilities, additional services may be available. Please visit the Accessibility Services office for further information about such support and accommodation.)
- Tutoring sessions are held in the Writing and Tutoring Services office, Room E304.
What to Bring to a Session
Depending on your goals and needs for the session, you may want to bring any of the following:
- Course syllabus
- Course materials (texts, lecture notes, PowerPoint, handouts, etc.)
- Research materials
- Your specific questions and concerns
What We Expect
The Writing and Tutoring Services team strives to cultivate professional and respectful relationships with the users of our services. To help facilitate this goal, we hold you to the following standards of courtesy:
- Please be punctual. If you do not arrive within the first 10 minutes of your scheduled appointment, we may reassign your session to another student.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please make every effort to notify us at least 24 hours in advance. With the exception of unforseen illnesses or emergencies, students who arrive late, cancel, or skip appointments without sufficient notice may be ineligible for further tutoring.
- Please endeavour to treat each member of our team with respect. Access to these services is a privilege and this privilege may be revoked if serious or repeated behavioural concerns are identified.
Should you have any questions about these policies or about our services, please contact the Learning Specialist, lbalsamo [at] tyndale [dot] ca (Lina Balsamo).