1. To be admitted, you need to:
• Profess faith in Jesus Christ and be recognized by fellow Christians as having received gifts for ministry
• Affirm Tyndale’s Statement of Faith
• Agree to the Community Standards found in the student handbook
• Have a completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with the following requirements*:
|Degree Required||GPA Required|
|Graduate Diploma, MTS, MDiv||Bachelor's degree or equivalent||67% or C+ or 2.3 on 4.0 scale **|
|ThM||Master of Divinity or equivalent||
77% or B+ or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale in Bible,
Theology, and Church History courses
|DMin||Master of Divinity or eqivalent||73% or B or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale plus three years of ministry experience after the first graduate degree|
Please note that these minimum requirements do not guarantee admission.
*In some circumstances, the Admissions Committee may consider you even if you do not meet the minimum GPA requirement for admission on probation if there is evidence of potential for you to succeed
** The minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 on a 4.0 point system is required if you earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited ABHE Bible college, including arts-related courses.
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not studied for three years in an English speaking secondary or post-secondary institution (where English is the language of instruction and examinations are in English) must submit proof of English language proficiency by supplying their scores/results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Go to www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org for further information about these tests. Applicants who are not residents of Canada at the time of application must arrange to take the TOEFL/TWE or IELTS in the country from which they are applying. Tyndale’s TOEFL institution code is 0532.
Minimum scores: IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL (iBT): 90, TOEFL (PBT): 570, TOEFL Computer-based Test: 230, TOEFL (TWE)*: 5
*The TWE is typically taken with the paper-based and computer-based TOEFL exam.
An interview or school-administered Language Writing and Diagnostic Test may also be required at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. Note: Meeting these test scores does not guarantee admission to Tyndale University College & Seminary, and additional testing may be required before admittance is granted.
2. Tuition and Fees:
• You must be enrolled as a full-time student (3 courses or 9 credit hours each semester).
• You must give evidence of sufficient financial resources to meet the standards of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
• For DMin students, see DMin Handbook for program and fee structure.
• View current tuition and fee rates.
3. Medical Insurance:
• Health insurance is mandatory for you and your family as the Ontario government will not provide medical coverage.
• You will automatically be enrolled in Tyndale’s health insurance plan provided by ETFS. Pricing can be obtained from the International Student Coordinator.
• You must email email@example.com at least one week prior to departure to have coverage during your flight and once you arrive.
• If you are a DMin student, you must provide proof of travel insurance during residency to the International Student Coordinator.
4. Study Permit:
• You are required to provide proof to the Tyndale Admissions Office that you received a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
5. Medical Form:
• You must submit a completed medical form.
6. Application Fee:
• You must submit a non-refundable application fee of $150.
Go to www.tyndale.ca/international-students for more information and to view the policy details.