Tyndale Seminary welcomes applicants with Christian commitment who desire to further their studies and gain new levels of academic, professional and ministerial expertise within a vibrant community of faith and learning.
To be admitted, you need to:
- Complete the application form (including a $150 CAD non-refundable application fee), medical form and any required program supplements
- Submit two references
- Have a completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with the following requirements:
|Degree Required||GPA Required|
|Graduate Diploma, MTS, MDiv||Bachelor degree or equivalent||C+ or 67% or 2.3 on 4.0 scale|
|ThM||MDiv/MTS or equivalent||
B+ or 77% or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale in Bible,
Theology, and Church History courses
|DMin||Master of Divinity or eqivalent||B or 73% or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, plus three years of ministry experience after the first graduate degree|
Please note that meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not studied for three years in an English speaking secondary or post-secondary institution (where English is the language of instruction and examinations are in English) must submit proof of English language proficiency by supplying their scores/results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Go to www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org for further information about these tests. Applicants who are not residents of Canada at the time of application must arrange to take the TOEFL/TWE or IELTS in the country from which they are applying. Tyndale’s TOEFL institution code is 0532.
Minimum scores: IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL (iBT): 90
An interview may also be required at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student (3 courses or 9 credit hours each semester).
- You must give evidence of sufficient financial resources to meet the standards of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- View current tuition and fee rates.
- Health insurance is mandatory for you and your family as the Ontario government will not provide medical coverage.
- You will automatically be enrolled in Tyndale’s health insurance plan provided by Guard Me Canada. Pricing can be obtained from the International Student Coordinator.
- You must email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to departure to have coverage during your flight and once you arrive.
- If you are a DMin student, you must provide proof of travel insurance during residency to the International Student Coordinator.
- You are required to provide proof to the Tyndale Admissions Office that you received a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Go to www.tyndale.ca/international-students for more information and to view the policy details.