"If you want to learn how to think as a Christian, and to learn the skill-set essential to philosophy, look no further than Tyndale."
J.P. Moreland, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Biola University
About the Department
The Department of Philosophy at Tyndale is committed to pursuing some of life's big questions. The faculty's training at the University of Toronto and the University of Oklahoma allows them to engage students with topics like:
* What is truth and can it be known?
* Do we have free will?
* Does God exist, and if so, why is there evil?
By seeking answers to these types of questions philosophy majors will be able to articulate and defend a coherent worldview based upon the truth of Christianity.
Click here for more info on our B.A. program in Philosophy.
Tyndale Philosophy on the Web
Stay up to date on all the news events from Tyndale Philosophy on Facebook, Twitter, or the Department blog!
- Facebook: facebook.com/TyndaleUCPhilosophy
- Twitter: TyndaleUCPhilos
- Department blog: Every Thought Captive
News and Events
- After several years of dedicated service, Dr. Davis is stepping down as Department Chair and Dr. Franks will take on that role. Many thanks are due to Dr. Davis for his thoughtful leadership of the department!
- On September 12th, Dr. Davis and Dr. Franks presented their co-authored paper, "On Plantingean Pro-Theism: Transworld Depravity, Incarnation, and Atonement," at the Theism: An Axiological Investigation workshop held at Ryerson University. You can find a video of their presentation here.