"If you want to learn how to think as a Christian, and to learn the skill-set essential to philosophy, look no further than Tyndale."
J.P. Moreland, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Biola University
About the department
The Department of Philosophy at Tyndale is committed to pursuing some of life's big questions. The faculty's training at the University of Toronto and the
University of Oklahoma allows them to engage students with topics like:
* What is truth and can it be known?
* Do we have free will?
* Does God exist, and if so, why is there evil?
By seeking answers to these types of questions philosophy majors will be able to articulate and defend a coherent worldview based upon the truth of Christianity.
Click here for more info on our B.A. program in Philosophy.
Tyndale Philosophy on the Web
Stay up to date on all the news events from Tyndale Philosophy on Facebook, Twitter, or the Department blog!
- Facebook: facebook.com/TyndaleUCPhilosophy
- Twitter: TyndaleUCPhilos
- Department blog: Every Thought Captive
News and Events
- Dr. Franks presented his paper, "Broadening the Free Will Defense" at the Northeast Region of the Evangelical Philosophical Society that was held in Nyack, NY.
- Dr. Franks presented the co-authored (with Dr. Davis) paper, "Against Postmodern Pentecostalism" at the national meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies that was held in Seattle, WA.
- Russell Jones (Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Harvard University) to give a talk, "Felix Socrates?" in Dr. Franks's Normative Ethical Theory course. Contact Dr. Franks for a copy of Dr. Jones's paper or for more information about attending.
- Philosophy majors Tara Abbawi, Adam Blackburn, and Luke Teeninga were all accepted into the M.A. in Philosophy at Ryerson University. Congratulations you three, way to go!
- Philosophy major Joshua Linkletter was accepted into the B.Ed. program at Tyndale University College. Congratulations!