"If you want to learn how to think as a Christian, and to learn the skill-set essential to philosophy, look no further than Tyndale."
J.P. Moreland, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Biola University
About the Department
The Department of Philosophy at Tyndale is committed to pursuing some of life's big questions. The faculty's training at the University of Toronto and the University of Oklahoma allows them to engage students with topics like:
* What is truth and can it be known?
* Do we have free will?
* Does God exist, and if so, why is there evil?
By seeking answers to these types of questions philosophy majors will be able to articulate and defend a coherent worldview based upon the truth of Christianity.
Click here for more info on our B.A. program in Philosophy.
Tyndale Philosophy on the Web
Stay up to date on all the news events from Tyndale Philosophy on Facebook, Twitter, or the Department blog!
- Facebook: facebook.com/TyndaleUCPhilosophy
- Twitter: TyndaleUCPhilos
- Department blog: Every Thought Captive
News and Events
- On March 17th, Dr. Franks presented to the Ryerson University Life Institute Philosophy Cafe on the topic, "Heaven, Hell, and the Value of God's Existence."
- On March 5th, Dr. Davis and Dr. Franks presented their co-authored paper, "On Plantingean Pro-Theism: Transworld Depravity, Incarnation, and Atonement," at the Toronto Area Philosophy of Religion Work-in-Progress Group at Ryerson University.
- Congratulations to Dr. Franks for winning the prestigious John Templeton Research Fellowship at Ryerson University for the academic year 2014-2015! For more on his project, Theism and Axiological Counterpossibles, visit the grant website, Theism: An Axiological Investigation.