General Admissions Requirements
- An officially recognized 3-year (90 credit hours, 15 full credit) baccalaureate degree from an officially recognized degree-granting institution with university status. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed, or who are completing, a 4-year baccalaureate degree (120 credit hours, 20 full credits), or who have completed both a 3-year baccalaureate degree plus the equivalent of 30 credit hours at another officially recognized post-secondary institution (i.e. an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology).
- A GPA in the “B” range (minimum 70% or 2.7 on a 4.0 scale) calculated on the applicant’s best 60 credit hours of undergraduate university courses. College diploma and /or certificate courses, whether transferred into the university degree program or not, will not be included in the GPA calculation.
- For those completing an undergraduate degree during the application process, only courses completed by the application deadline will be assessed. A conditional acceptance, pending receipt of your final, official transcript, may be offered.
- Application Fee of $50 ($150 for non-North American applicants). Online applications are FREE!
- An interview may be required.
Supplementary documents are required. Please see the Application Form for full details.
Applicants to the Junior/Intermediate program must be completing or have completed a minimum of 12 university credit hours in a teachable area. At Tyndale, the teachable areas are: English, French as a Second Language, Geography, History, Mathematics, Science-General, and Music.
Applicants whose first language is not English
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not studied for three years in an English speaking secondary or post-secondary institution (where English is the language of instruction and examinations are in English) must submit proof of English language proficiency by supplying their scores/results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Go to www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org for further information about these tests. Applicants who are not residents of Canada at the time of application must arrange to take the TOEFL/TWE or IELTS in the country from which they are applying. Tyndale’s TOEFL institution code is 0532.
Minimum scores: IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL (iBT): 90, TOEFL (PBT): 570, TOEFL Computer-based Test: 230, TOEFL (TWE)*: 5
*The TWE is typically taken with the paper-based and computer-based TOEFL exam.
An interview or school-administered Language Writing and Diagnostic Test may also be required at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. Note: Meeting these test scores does not guarantee admission to Tyndale University College & Seminary, and additional testing may be required before admittance is granted.
This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities for the period from 06 June 2014 to 06 June 2019. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).