Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the process of effectively recruiting new students to Tyndale University College & Seminary by providing outstanding administrative support services to the Admissions Office. Primarily, this role is responsible for cataloging all electronic and paper documents received from prospective students, coordinating the campus visit program, and managing a team of student workers. This position interfaces with internal and external audiences where outstanding customer service in person, by e-mail and on the telephone are essential.
Manage Student Admissions Representatives
- Recruit, train, motivate and manage Student Admissions Representatives.
- Ensure part-time staff are trained to provide excellent customer service.
- Recruit and train volunteers.
- Coordinate scheduling of part-time staff to ensure coverage during afternoon and evening shifts.
- Train part-time staff and volunteers to conduct tours and participate in Admissions events.
- Work with Admissions Counsellors to coordinate and monitor the work of part-time staff.
Customer Service and Database Management
- Maintain the prospective student database (input data and scan documents) and generate qualified applications for the University College & Seminary.
- Ensure that prospective students are extended quality and timely customer service (in person, on the telephone and by e-mail), referring inquiries to appropriate persons, etc.
- Maintain a pleasant, welcoming and clean environment within the Admissions Office.
- Initiate follow-up with prospective students that have indicated an interest in a program in order to develop relationships.
Manage the Campus Visit Program
- Assist Admission Counsellors in achieving their institution visit goals.
- Organize and schedule campus tours, appointments, faculty and class visits for prospective students, parents and guests.
- Create a yearly promotion plan for the visit program
- Ensure an effective campus visit program.
- Coordinate and participate in Encounter and Open House Days.
- Provide those attending events with a positive experience through excellent customer service.
- Work closely with others to ensure guest needs are met.
Communication and Reports
- Compile and prepare monthly visit reports, event summary reports and feedback evaluation reports (i.e., Encounter Days, etc.).
- Provide information to prospective students and families to effectively promote Tyndale.
- Send thank you letters and surveys to visitors
- Ensure inquiries and concerns, in person, on the phone or via email, are answered in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow up with prospective students by phone or email.
- Update Admissions database with information and correspondence with prospective students.
- Track and keep an inventory of promotional material inventory (literature, giveaways, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
• Commitment to and ability to articulate Tyndale’s mission and philosophy of Christian Higher Education
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong organizational and leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate others
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
• Adaptable and flexible, able to prioritize and respond effectively to multiple demands
• Proficiency in MS Office computer programs
• Aptitude for working with general office equipment: phone (voicemail), computers (email & internet) and copiers
• Admissions/Recruitment experience
• Sales experience
• Supervisory experience
• Tyndale graduate
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.