With a background of excellence in classroom teaching, this core faculty member will provide leadership in various aspects of the program including such responsibilities as budget preparation, overseeing course delivery, management of department faculty and staff and alignment with accreditation and consent expectations.
Areas of Strength:
This core faculty member will be expected to demonstrate:
• Superior leadership abilities including excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• The ability to work collaboratively across diverse communities; and
• A commitment to preparing teachers for varied and complex environments.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A terminal degree in Education;
• A designation of Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
• A record of scholarly achievement and/or professional contribution; and
• A comprehensive knowledge of Ontario’s educational landscape.
• Experience working with pre-service teacher candidates and leadership roles are assets.
The successful applicant will commence service on July 1, 2018 and will be accountable to the Academic Dean of the University College.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting fit, a description of their faith commitment and how it shapes their approach to teaching, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be reviewed starting November 2017.