With a background of excellence in classroom teaching, this core faculty member will have a specialty or specialties in Ontario Ministry curricular areas in the Primary, Junior and/or Intermediate divisions so as to prepare pre-service teacher candidates through course delivery.
Areas of Strength:
This core faculty member will be expected to demonstrate:
• Engaging and inclusive classroom practices with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Assessment and evaluation practices consistent with Ontario Ministry expectations; and
• A commitment to preparing teachers for varied and complex environments.
The successful candidate will possess:
• At least a Master’s level degree
• A designation of Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
• A record of scholarly achievement and/or professional contribution; and
• A comprehensive knowledge of Ontario’s educational landscape.
• Experience working with pre-service teacher candidates is an asset.
The successful applicant will commence service on July 1, 2018 and will be accountable to the Bachelor of Education Department Chair and subsequently the Academic Dean of the University College.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting fit, a description of their faith commitment and how it shapes their approach to teaching, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be reviewed starting November 2017.