Tyndale Seminary, an accredited, graduate school of theology in the evangelical Protestant tradition, invites applications for a faculty position in Christian History. The successful applicant will hold a research doctorate with competence in teaching the foundational courses in the History of Christianity, as well as a range of related topics such as Canadian church history, historical theology, history of mission, Protestant spiritual traditions, etc. An understanding of Christian History from a global perspective, and a capacity to interweave major theological developments in their historical context, are key requirements.
The incumbent will join a theological faculty with a global and missional understanding of the church and committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship, and the cultivation of a vibrant multicultural, and multidenominational community of faith and learning.
Tyndale encourages applicants with proven abilities as an effective teacher and communicator, a scholarly track-record, and a commitment to student formation. Experience in (or aptitude for) online and technology-assisted learning is advantageous. Duties include the three-fold faculty responsibilities of teaching, scholarship and service.
Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Tyndale welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. The successful candidate will subscribe to and sign Tyndale’s Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Category: Regular, part-time faculty position (schedule negotiable)
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience
Start Date: August 2018
• Earned doctorate in a relevant field
• Effective teacher and communicator
• Strong scholarly record and research agenda
• Proven ability and commitment to supervising and mentoring students in their learning and ministry goals
• Capacity for cross-disciplinary, theologically-reflective engagement with issues
• Aligned with the Seminary’s missional and intercultural commitments to theological education
• Demonstrated ability to engage a broadly evangelical, multidenominational, and multicultural community of faith and learning
• Team player committed to collegiality and service within the Tyndale community and the broader constituency.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter highlighting the fit with the position, a description of their faith commitment and how it influences their approach to teaching and practice, and contact information for three references.
Applications should be sent electronically to: employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca with the subject line “Faculty Position in Christian History”
Application Dates: Review of applications will begin March 2018 and continue until the position is filled.