Tyndale Seminary, an accredited graduate theological school in the evangelical, Protestant tradition, invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty position in Theology. The successful applicant will hold a research doctorate in theology with teaching competence in systematic theology as well as one or more related areas such as ethics, spiritual theology, pastoral theology, theology and culture, global theology, etc.
The incumbent will join a theological faculty committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship, a global understanding of the church, the cultivation of a multicultural, multidenominational learning community, and a formation of persons for persons for effective and faithful ministry and service in its various forms.
Tyndale encourages applicants with proven abilities as an effective teacher and communicator, a scholarly track-record and strong research agenda, a commitment to student formation, and well-developed networking and collaboration skills. Subject expertise is essential while facility with technology-assisted learning is advantageous.
Category: Full-time faculty position, open rank
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience
Reports to: Academic Dean
Application Date: Review of applications will commence October 2017 and will continue until the position is filled
Start Date: August 2018
To join a team of faculty colleagues in the Theology and History Department with specific responsibilities as follows:
• Develop and teach graduate courses in Theology and related areas of expertise
• Adapt courses as needed to various modes of delivery, including semester-based, intensive, and online/distributed learning formats
• Supervise theses and research projects as needed
Research and Scholarship
• Engage in ongoing research, writing and publishing in one’s area of expertise
• Participate and present in scholarly guilds and events
• Collaborate with colleagues in building a research culture in the department
Mentoring and Advising
• Provide mentoring and advisement to current students
• Mentor emerging scholars going on to doctoral studies
• Participate in community life of the school and serve on administrative committees and educational initiatives
• Engage in selected external activities (church, professional, scholarly, public) aimed at building bridges between the academy and community
• Earned doctorate in a relevant field
• Proven experience in graduate level teaching, supervision and research
• Demonstrated capacity for theological reflection on church and society
• Skilled and committed to the formation of women and men for faithful Christian service
• Aligned with Tyndale’s ethos as a broadly evangelical, multidenominational, multicultural community of faith and learning
• Familiarity with the Canadian context
• Experience in intercultural engagement
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application electronically at the email address below. Include a cover letter highlighting your fit with the position as described above, a curriculum vita, and contact information for three references.
Send to: email@example.com
Attention: Search Committee for Faculty Position in Theology