Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Maintenance Staff Associate provides maintenance and upkeep to the Tyndale physical building, furnishings and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the Campus Facilities team. The Associate helps to ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operations of Tyndale’s campus.
Building Maintenance & Upkeep
- Work with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of maintenance projects and help desk requests in compliance with the department’s Health & Safety policies and procedures e.g. painting, electrical, plumbing, repairs of furniture & walls, minor projects, locks & doors, custodial, etc.
- Assists Supervisor with contractor liaison management on site
- Ensures workshop is organized and clean; maintains equipment & tools.
- Completes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preventive maintenance requests
Events, Setups & Office Moves
- Assists with regular, internal setups & resets and major event setups
- Assists with crowd and parking control as necessary
- Assists Supervisor with scheduled offices moves and public furniture moves and furniture requests
- Daily inspection and reset of building furniture
- Ensures safe walkways and entrances due to snow and ice; snow-shoveling and salting as necessary
- Tree trimming and branch removal
- Seasonal gardening as needed
- Waste Management
- Assist with property safety inspections
- Assist in security and first aid/ CPR response, flood, power outages, etc.
High School Diploma, College preferred
- 0-6 months related experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use various hand tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- Honest and dependable
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Requires standing and moving for a significant amount of time
- Ability to work in a duty and noisy environment at times
- Ability to lift minimum 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a hot/cold work environment
- Overtime may be required in the event of an emergency response/event
- Ability to perform repeated tasks that require certain level of strength
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.