Maintenance Staff Associate (Full-Time)
Provide maintenance and upkeep to the physical building, furnishings and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the Campus Facilities team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position helps ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operations of Tyndale’s Ballyconnor campus and Bayview campus.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Working with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of help desk requests. This includes but is not limited to requests such as creation of campus signage, painting, repairs related to lighting, furniture, walls, plumbing work, basic electrical, etc.
Setups & Office Moves:
- Assist Campus Facilities team with setups, teardowns and offices moves.
Management of Shop & Supplies:
- Keep shop organized, clean and maintain equipment & tools.
- Carry out all maintenance duties in compliance with the department’s and health & safety’s policies and procedures
- Additional duties include but are not limited to key cutting, name plates, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Experience in troubleshooting & general repairs of buildings – walls, lighting, plumbing
- Safe knowledge of basic electrical work (switches, outlets, lighting)
- Experience in and safe knowledge of power tools (use and care of)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices
- Organizational skills with attention to fine detail
- Team oriented with great interpersonal skills
- Good communication and customer service skills, with the ability to be assertive
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Ability to lift and move furniture
- Ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment; switching tasks often with the need to focus fast
- Ability to work in a hot and noisy environment at times
- Understanding of/experience in locksmith work
- First aid and CPR training
- Managerial/leadership skills
- Procurement experience
- Experience in dealing with contractors
- Undergraduate degree or diploma
- Experience in woodwork/carpentry and painting
- Experience in project planning & management
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.