The Medical Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for clerical functions related to assisting staff with documents, appointments, and invoicing. The Medical Assistant will ensure that the day-to-day requirements of staff and patients will be supported. This individual should have excellent phone manner and professional customer service skills.
Areas of responsibilities:
• Responds to telephone calls, voice mail and email messages and faxes.
• Schedules appointments; notifies patients/clients of cancelled clinics and provides alternative appointments.
• Follows up with referring physicians and therapists on incomplete information and sends out consult reports.
• Maintains referral-tracking system by entering required data for each referral.
• Schedules external tests and special procedures.
• Prepares patient charts and processes closed charts.
• Receives clinic patients, registers patients, enters visit on computer and ensures chart is ready for appointment.
• Prepares billing sheets, invoices for missed appointments and tracks clinic expenditures.
• Prepares communication/updates for Tyndale Counselling Services’ Weekly Staff Bulletin.
• Orders and manages supplies.
• Provides support to clinical team to ensure the smooth flow of clinics.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Must have OSSD; Completion of Medical Office Administration Certificate preferred.
• One year experience in a busy reception area, preferably in a health care and/or Christian environment.
• Some knowledge of, training in and/or experience with mental health an asset.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of patient registration and scheduling systems.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
• Tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential patient/client information.
• Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well with a group of diverse individuals.
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic math/accounting skills.
• Minimum 50 words per minute typing speed rate
• Sign and agree to Tyndale’s Statement of Faith & Community Standards Statement
Department: Tyndale Counselling Services
Classification: Contract, Part-Time
Salary range: $17.00/HR - $18.50/HR
Hours of work: Tues. & Thurs. 5:30-9:30pm & most Saturdays 8:30am-5:30pm (usually excluding holiday weekends)
There is a possibility of this position becoming full-time, permanent in the Spring of 2018. Hours likely to be Tuesday to Friday 1:00-9:00 and most Saturdays 8:30-5:30.
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca.