Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Receptionist is the first impression of Tyndale University College & Seminary, demonstrating superior customer service while managing general administrative duties and the day to day functions of the Reception desk.
Reception & Customer Service
• Maintain a professional, welcoming customer service oriented environment.
• Provide support for the Campus & Conference Services team.
• Ensure the desk and surrounding areas are clean, presentable and organized.
• Direct all internal and external phone calls and inquiries.
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing courier packages/faxes.
• Handle petty cash and various financial transactions (eg. guestroom services, generating reception related financial reports).
• Manage booking of guestrooms.
• Handle customer concerns in a professional, timely and effective manner.
• Print & log ID cards for students, staff, faculty and alumni.
• Provide and maintain ongoing communication; provide necessary updates related to Reception to the rest of the Campus & Conference Services Team.
• Attend regular department meetings.
Health and Safety
• Escalate matters as needed to the Manager of Campus & Conference Services.
• Maintain up to date of knowledge of AODA practices.
• Respond to and facilitate emergency situations such as fire alarms/drills, first aid emergencies, health and safety emergencies, etc.
• Maintain up to date training on first aid/CPR, and understand the use of a defibrillator. (First Aid, CPR and Defibrillator training is provided by and paid for by Tyndale).
• Main contact for the fire department, police and other emergency personnel.
• Manage staff, faculty and students in evacuation of building.
• Inform and report emergency situations to appropriate staff internally.
• Document feedback as required by AODA and Director of Campus Operations.
• Diploma in Business Administration, Customer Service and/ or any other related areas
• Minimum of 1 year administrative and customer service experience
• Experience in a Christian, non-profit, and/or educational institution is an asset
• Experience in Data Entry is an asset
• Basic Accounting knowledge is an asset
Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational and administrative skills, with strong attention to detail
• Computer Proficiency with experience in MS Office, in particular, Word/Excel and Outlook
• Working knowledge of basic process of financial transactions with solid problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure and handle emergency situations
• Ability to take initiative and motivate others
• Highly passionate about interacting with people and strong understanding of impressive ambassadorship
• Demonstrated professionalism
• A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
• Must be able to lift loads as heavy as 10lbs
• Demonstrated professionalism and tact with the ability to be assertive when necessary
• Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
• Occasional weekends shift as required, especially during important Tyndale events.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm demeanor
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.