Special Events Coordinator (Part-time)
Reporting to the Director of External Relations, the Special Events Coordinator is responsible for generating revenue through strategically booking Tyndale’s campus with outside groups. In addition, they will develop and implement efficient procedures and policies related to events bookings and administration, ensuring consistent application of practices; as well as maximizing current resources and technology to ensure greater access for users. As well, this role is responsible for identifying revenue opportunities.
This role serves as a key advisor on events management policy and procedures; ensuring training and understanding of the appropriate events applications and framework.
In this role you will:
• Establish/cultivate relationships with partners and clients for the purpose of marketing Tyndale’s campus as a venue of choice for their events
• Increase revenue capabilities and meet profit objectives with the rental of the facilities on Tyndale’s campus for external events
• Identify opportunities to increase awareness of Tyndale’s campus as an ideal venue for Christian events
• Assist with corporate event strategies designed to engage supporters, prospective students, alumni and churches in the life of Tyndale; to achieve fundraising and enrollment targets
• Act as a key resource in the planning and implementation of Tyndale-sponsored events
• Liaise with external and/or internal stakeholders; work closely with internal departments to ensure smooth management of adopted policies and procedures
• Develop effective policies and procedures for the efficient management of events and maximization of resources on campus
• Develop policies pertaining to external events held by friends and partners of Tyndale
• Act as primary contact for the application and enforcement of policies and procedures
• Analyze available applications and maximization of current technology
• Make recommendations to upgrades and user friendly applications to increase usage
• Prepare user friendly directives and training modules; Present and train internal staff on the appropriate application of policies, procedures and resources
About the Successful Candidate
You are a strong communicator with the ability to identify revenue opportunities. You are driven, detail-oriented, work with a sense of urgency, and demonstrate the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives. You have a passion for not-for-profits, Higher Education, and enjoy working within a Christian community & working environment.
Ideally, the Special Events Coordinator will possess the following qualifications and attributes enabling success in this role:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
- 5+ years of experience in office administration
- Experience in policy development, procedure development and implementation
- Experience with events management, sales, relationship building, and public relations
- Experience in review of technology efficiencies
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with demonstrated excellence in customer service and problem-solving abilities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in use of inter/search engines, computer programs/applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Committed to the mission and vision of Tyndale University College & Seminary
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT AND WIL CONTINUE TO BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.