Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Student Financial Advisor serves the Tyndale University College & Seminary student body by providing excellent customer service and processing their tuition and residence charges and payments. This includes handling student inquiries, payments, refunds, adjustments, invoices, government loans administration and records management. This position is a contract for four months.
• Act as first point of contact for Student Accounts, providing a professional, welcoming and customer service oriented environment to both University College and Seminary students.
• Address internal and external student account inquiries via phone, e-mail, mail and in person, and refer to other departments as necessary.
• Prepare mass email communications to students.
Data Entry, Reporting and Collection
• Perform daily deposit tapes.
• Maintain various AR related worksheets for both internal and external use.
• Prepare entries for all AR related adjustments.
• Prepare students’ invoices and letters, as requested.
Student Financial Aid Support
• Assist students and families in planning and managing their educational costs and exploring other financing options (i.e. government loans, bank loans, bursaries and alternate means of education financing).
• Set up payment plans with students and ensure regular follow-up with students’ regarding their financial situations.
• Assist students in loan application inquiries and appeals.
• Set up OSAP appointments with senior staff.
• Assist Senior Financial Advisor in managing delinquent accounts, i.e. notifying students with delinquent accounts and following up, providing payment plan proposals to students.
• Post-secondary degree
• Accounting degree, preferred
• 1-2 years customer service experience
• Experience working with accounting software
• Working knowledge of OSAP, preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Good working knowledge in MS office with Excel capability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent administrative skills with the ability to multitask
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor while listening to the customer’s needs
• Team player
• Proven respect for confidentiality, especially regarding student financial information
• Demonstrated professionalism and tact
• Interpersonal skills and empathetic
• Demonstrated initiative; self-motivated
• A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
• Standard office work environment
• Detailed work in an open office environment with regular interruptions
• May encounter challenging people from time to time. Important to maintain a calm and professional demeanor; listening to the customer's needs
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.