General Eligibility Requirements for Scholarships:
- Scholarship candidates must demonstrate solid academic achievement that is based on the student’s GPA score.
- Candidates must meet the specific requirements which are requested by the donors.
- Leadership ability and potential as demonstrated through extracurricular activities, job-related performance, or similar experiences may be considered in awarding decisions.
- Scholarships for graduating students are to be awarded to students in their final year of their program.
- Returning students are students who are enrolled in Tyndale in the current academic year (2017-18), not students who are entering their first year in the following academic year (2018-19).
- Scholarships for returning students are to be awarded to the students who are not in their final year of the program.
- Scholarships for returning students assume that the student will be returning to Tyndale for full-time studies the following academic year.
Administration of Scholarships and Awards:
- Selection of the recipients will be made by the Award Committee appointed by the Academic Standards Committee.
- The scholarships for returning students will first be applied toward the recipient’s tuition and fees (through the Student Financial Services Office) for the following academic year in which he or she is enrolled at Tyndale. Any funds in excess of the amount required for tuition and fees will be disbursed to the student for books, supplies, or school-related expenses.
- The scholarships for graduating students will be given in the form of a cheque payable to him/her at the Spring graduation of the current academic year.
- Availability and amount of these scholarships will vary from year to year.
The 2017/2018 scholarship & award applications are now available.
All applications and required supporting documents for scholarships and awards must be submitted online by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 to be considered for the 2017-2018 academic year.
For detail on how to apply, visit the Scholarships & Awards page.
For complete information, please contact Bryan Tai at (416)226-6620 ext. 2177, Room F304 or email financialaid [at] tyndale [dot] ca (subject: Scholarship%20%26%20Award%20Applications)