- How do I set up my mobile device to connect to MyTyndale Email?
- How do I forward MyTyndale Email to my personal account?
- How do I set up my email on Outlook or another email client?
How to configure email access on your mobile phone. Once you have changed your Live password cover in Step #1, you can follow directions below for Apple products. For all other devices, follow the instructions on Microsoft's Mobile Phone Setup Wizard to configure your specific type of Phone. Please make note of the following key information before proceeding:
Server Name: pod51011.outlook.com
User Name: Your MyTyndale e-mail address - e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
For full access to e-mail, contacts, and calendars, use the Exchange Server settings. (If you have another Exchange account set up, you will be required to set up an IMAP or POP3 account. See instructions on Microsoft website above for details.)
- Open Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
- Select Add Account
- Select Account Type Microsoft Exchange
- Enter server pod51011.outlook.com, username email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Live @ Edu (mytyndale.ca e-mail) password (change your password if you haven't already).
- Use the next screen to enable mail, contacts, and calendar.
- Select Save
- From your MyTyndale e-mail account (click the e-mail icon from the MyTyndale homepage), select Options then See All Options…
- Select Forward your e-mail
- Scroll to the bottom of the new page and enter your personal e-mail address in the Forward my e-mail to: field. Ensure the Keep a copy of forwarded messages in Outlook Web App box is checked to have a backup of your e-mail in case you lose access to your personal e-mail account.
Select Start Forwarding at the bottom right of the screen to complete the process.
To configure setting up your Mytyndale email account on a specific client please view Microsoft's Software specific setup instructions online.