At Tyndale, there is a 2 GB limit for all faculty and staff mailboxes. Outlook 2010 comes equipped with tools to help you manage the size of your mailbox.
Check your Mailbox Size
- In Outlook 2010, select File > Info and look under the Mailbox Cleanup section
Clean up Your Trash
- The first two places to check are your Deleted items and Junk e-mail folders. Although these have been deleted from your inbox, they still reside in your mailbox. You may delete messages individually, or empty the entire folder in a few clicks. To do so, right click on the folder and select Empty Folder
Find the Space-Hogs
- Select File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Mailbox Cleanup
There are a few options.
- To see the sizes of each of your folders, select View Mailbox Size
- To search for larger e-mail messages, select Find after checking items larger than [choose the size – 1000 KB = 1 MB; 1000 MB = 1 GB]
- View Deleted Items Size and Empty the folder
Archive your Mail: Move older mail to an Archive
- Select File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Archive
- Select the folder you wish to archive
- Select the date where you wish to archive (all messages before that date will be archived)
- Select the storage location (Recommended to save on your G: drive). Choose a filename (archive by default)
- Select OK
- The archived e-mail will no longer be in your Inbox. It can still be found through Outlook in the folders listing underneath your Inbox.