Minor in Christian Ministries - Children
Do you have a heart for Children? Do you see yourself working full-time or volunteering in Children's Ministry? If you answered yes, then you should consider a minor in Christian Ministries - Children. You will gain practical training and experience in Children's ministry. Any BA student at Tyndale is eligible to pursue this minor.
Learn from professors with a passion for serving children. Discover tools that you can apply in a children's ministry program. Learn the characteristics and needs of children at each stage of their development, and the foundations of ministering to families.
Internship in Children's Ministry
Gain valuable experience by participating in an internship in Children's ministry. Your faculty advisor and a field professional will supervise you and provide guidance as you apply the skills you learned in class.
Practical tools and theological studies are provided in this Children's ministries training minor. You will grow spiritually and academically in the midst of a vibrant and supportive learning community.
For a future career as a »
- Children's Pastor
- Sunday School Teacher
- Youth Group Volunteer
- Children's Camp Leader
In addition to your major requirements, you must complete (18 Credit Hours):
- [CHRI 1313] Foundations of Ministry to Children and Youth
- [CHRI 3223] Children’s Ministry
- [CHRI 2393] Foundations of Family Ministry
- [PSYC 2113] Developmental Psychology I
- [CHRI 3293] Internship in Children’s Ministry
Plus 1 course (3 Credit Hours) from:
- [CHRI 3323] Youth at Risk
- [CHRI 3383] Special Topics in Youth Ministry
- [CHRI 3413] Evangelism
- [CHRI 3213] Principles and Practices of Teaching
- [CHRI 2413] Theology of Christian Worship
- [CHRI 3433] Preaching
View Major/Minor Sheets »