General Ministries - Degree Completion Program
The Degree Completion Program (DCP) is a non-traditional program specifically designed for adults who want to complete a Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) degree but who are unable to attend traditional semester education programs.
The DCP allows you to complete a BRE degree with a focus in General Ministries. The DCP is designed to serve adults interested in studying the Bible, doctrine, and ministry with the intent of becoming more effective Christians in ministry and in the workplace.
Full-time undergraduate education is made possible for adults because of its unique design. After the student transfers 30-42 credit hours into the program, there are 16 courses offered in a modular format over a 24-month period. Each course consists of one four-hour evening class per week for 5 weeks supplemented by 14-18 hours of guided independent study per week. This format gives essentially the same time involvement as a traditional schedule.
The program’s goal is to integrate Christian faith, learning, and living in a meaningful and practical way. In the DCP you will complete a Directed Research Project comprised of academic instruction and individual advising by a qualified professional. You can choose from one of the following areas of interest: Educational Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Pastoral Studies or Youth Ministry.
Specific Entrance Requirements
1. Applicants must be 25 years or older.
2. Applicants must have completed at least one year of accredited transferable university or college credit with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above.
3. Applicants must have served two or more years in a local church or parachurch ministry in some lay or professional ministry.
For a future career in »
- Church Ministry
- Social Work
- Parachurch Ministry
BRE Degree Completion Program Major Requirements (60 Credit Hours)
- [BSTH 101] Old Testament Scripture
- [BSTH 102] New Testament Scripture
- [BSTH 201] Hermeneutics
- [BSTH 270] Introduction to Christian Theology
- [BSTH 2__] Biblical Studies and Theology courses
- [BSTH 3__] Biblical Studies and Theology courses
- [CHRI 101] Christian Life and Discipleship
- [CHRI 221] Educational History and Philosophy
- [CHRI 2__] Christian Ministries courses
- [CHRI 321] Principles and Practices of Teaching
- [CHRI 361] Global Christianity
- [CHRI 394] Directed Research Methods
- [CHRI 395] Directed Research Project
- [ENGL ___] English course
- [FDED] (Field Education) 101, 102, 201, 202, 301, 302 (Units # 1 – 6)
- [HIST 151] History of Christianity
- [HIST 251] History of Christianity I
- [HIST 252] History of Christianity II
- [PHIL 171] Introduction to Philosophy
Transfer Credits (30 Credit Hours)
- Transfer Course (18 Credit Hours)
- Humanities/Social Science Transfer Course (12 Credit Hours)
Total Degree Requirements: 90 Credit Hours
- At least 24 out of 90 credit hours must be taken at the 3000 or 4000 level.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and a minimum of 90 credit hours.
View Major/Minor Sheets »