General Ministries - Degree Completion Program
The Degree Completion Program (DCP) is a non-traditional program specifically designed for adults who want to complete a Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) degree but who are unable to attend traditional semester education programs.
The DCP allows you to complete a BRE degree with a focus in General Ministries. The DCP is designed to serve adults interested in studying the Bible, doctrine, and ministry with the intent of becoming more effective Christians in ministry and in the workplace.
Full-time undergraduate education is made possible for adults because of its unique design. After the student transfers 30-42 credit hours into the program, there are 16 courses offered in a modular format over a 24-month period. Each course consists of one four-hour evening class per week for 5 weeks supplemented by 14-18 hours of guided independent study per week. This format gives essentially the same time involvement as a traditional schedule.
The program’s goal is to integrate Christian faith, learning, and living in a meaningful and practical way. In the DCP you will complete a Directed Research Project comprised of academic instruction and individual advising by a qualified professional. You can choose from one of the following areas of interest: Educational Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Pastoral Studies or Youth Ministry.
Specific Entrance Requirements
1. Applicants must be 25 years or older.
2. Applicants must have completed at least one year of accredited transferable university or college credit with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above.
3. Applicants must have served two or more years in a local church or parachurch ministry in some lay or professional ministry.
For a future career in »
- Church Ministry
- Social Work
- Parachurch Ministry
Major Requirements (27 Credit Hours)
- [CHRI 1013] Christian Life and Discipleship
- [CHRI 2213] Educational History and Philosophy
- [CHRI 3213] Principles and Practices of Teaching
- [CHRI 3613] Global Christianity
- [CHRI 3943] Directed Research Methods
- [CHRI 3953] Directed Research Project
- CHRI Electives (Any Level) (9 Credit Hours)
- 6 Units of Field Education (0 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements (33 Credit Hours)
- One of the Following: [HIST 1513, 2513, 2523]
- One English Elective (3 Credit Hours)
- [PHIL 1713] The Quest For Meaning
- [RLGS 1013] Old Testament Scripture
- [RLGS 1023] New Testament Scripture
- [RLGS 2013] Hermeneutics
- [RLGS 2613] Introduction to Christian Theology
- RLGS Electives (Any Level) (6 Credit Hours)
- RLGS Electives (3000-Level) (6 Credit Hours)
Transfer Credits (30 Credit Hours)
- Transfer Course (18 Credit Hours)
- Humanities/Social Science Transfer Course (12 Credit Hours)
Total Degree Requirements: 90 Credit Hours
View Major/Minor Sheets »