General Ministries - Modular Program
The BRE Modular Program is a non-traditional program specifically designed for adults who want to complete a Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) degree but who are unable to attend traditional semester education programs and have little or no transfer credit from previous postsecondary education.
The program provides you with all the requirements you need to complete a BRE degree with a focus in General Ministries. It is designed to serve adults interested in studying the Bible, doctrine and ministry with the intent of becoming more effective Christians in ministry and in the workplace.
Full-time undergraduate education is made possible for adults because of its unique design. Each course consists of one four-hour evening class per week for five weeks supplemented by 14-18 hours of guided independent study per week. This format gives you essentially the same time involvement as a traditional schedule.
The program’s goal is to integrate Christian faith, learning and living in a meaningful and practical way. An important component of the BRE Modular Program is the Directed Research Project comprised of academic instruction and individual advising by a qualified professional. You will choose from one of the following areas of interest: Educational Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Pastoral Studies or Youth Ministry.
Specific Entrance Requirements
1. Applicants must be 25 years or older.
2. Applicants must have served two or more years in a local church or para-church ministry in some lay or professional ministry.
For a future career in »
- Church Ministry
- Social Work
- Parachurch Ministry
Major Requirements (27 Credit Hours)
- [CHRI 1013] Christian Life and Discipleship
- [CHRI 2213] Educational History and Philosophy
- [CHRI 3213] Principles and Practices of Teaching
- [CHRI 3613] Global Christianity
- [CHRI 3943] Directed Research Methods
- [CHRI 3953] Directed Research Project
- CHRI Electives (Any Level) (9 Credit Hours)
- 6 Units of Field Education (0 Credit Hours)
Core Requirements (51 Credit Hours)
- [ENGL 1713] Literature and Composition
- [ENGL 1723] Major Authors in English Literature
- [HIST 2513], [HIST 2523] History of Christianity I, II
- [PHIL 1713] The Quest for Meaning
- [RLGS 1013] Old Testament Scripture
- [RLGS 1023] New Testament Scripture
- [RLGS 2013] Hermeneutics
- [RLGS 2613] Introduction to Christian Theology
- RLGS Electives (Any Level) (6 Credit Hours)
- RLGS Electives (3000-Level) (6 Credit Hours)
- Fine Arts Elective (3 Credit Hours)
- Natural Sciences Elective(3 Credit Hours)
- Social Science Electives(6 Credit Hours)
Electives (12 Credit Hours)
Total Degree Requirements: 90 Credit Hours
View Major/Minor Sheets »