General Ministries - Modular Program
The BRE Modular Program is a non-traditional program specifically designed for adults who want to complete a Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) degree but who are unable to attend traditional semester education programs and have little or no transfer credit from previous postsecondary education.
The program provides you with all the requirements you need to complete a BRE degree with a focus in General Ministries. It is designed to serve adults interested in studying the Bible, doctrine and ministry with the intent of becoming more effective Christians in ministry and in the workplace.
Full-time undergraduate education is made possible for adults because of its unique design. Each course consists of one four-hour evening class per week for five weeks supplemented by 14-18 hours of guided independent study per week. This format gives you essentially the same time involvement as a traditional schedule.
The program’s goal is to integrate Christian faith, learning and living in a meaningful and practical way. An important component of the BRE Modular Program is the Directed Research Project comprised of academic instruction and individual advising by a qualified professional. You will choose from one of the following areas of interest: Educational Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Pastoral Studies or Youth Ministry.
Specific Entrance Requirements
1. Applicants must be 25 years or older.
2. Applicants must have served two or more years in a local church or para-church ministry in some lay or professional ministry.
For a future career in »
- Church Ministry
- Social Work
- Parachurch Ministry
BRE Modular Major Requirements (78 Credit Hours)
- [BSTH 101] Old Testament Scripture
- [BSTH 102] New Testament Scripture
- [BSTH 201] Hermeneutics
- [BSTH 270] Introduction to Christian Theology
- [BSTH 3__] Biblical Studies and Theology courses
- [BSTH ___] Biblical Studies and Theology courses
- [CHRI 101] Christian Life and Discipleship
- [CHRI 221] Educational History and Philosophy
- [CHRI 321] Principles and Practices of Teaching
- [CHRI 361] Global Christianity
- [CHRI 394] Directed Research Methods
- [CHRI 395] Directed Research Project
- [CHRI ___] Christian Ministries courses
- [ENGL 101] Introduction to Literature
- [ENGL 102] Introduction to Literature
- [ENGL 171] Literature and Composition
- [FDED] (Field Education) 102, 201, 202, 301, 302 (Units # 2 – 6)
- [HIST 251] History of Christianity I
- [HIST 252] History of Christianity II
- [PHIL 171] Introduction to Philosophy
- [Fine Arts] Fine Arts elective course
- [Natural Sciences] Natural Sciences elective course
- [Social Sciences] Social Sciences elective courses
Electives (12 Credit Hours)
Total Degree Requirements: 90 Credit Hours
- At least 24 out of 90 credit hours must be taken at the 3000 or 4000 level.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and a minimum of 90 credit hours.
View Major/Minor Sheets »