Consider a Tyndale counselling student to intern with you. They are prepared and equipped with a broad scope and depth in counselling and therapy.
Tyndale Interns are Prepared
Your Tyndale intern comes with two years of counselling courses. Each intern has completed at least 80% of the course requirements for the main counselling professional associations such as:
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Ontario Society of Psychotherapist (OSP)
- Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors Psychometrists and Psychotherapist (OACCPP)
A full-year skills lab ensures your intern knows what is required in a counselling environment. Each student successfully succeeded the in-depth admission interview process to gain entry into Tyndale’s competitive counselling program.
When you take on a Tyndale intern you will be providing them with practical experience in the counselling world. Each intern will complete a personalized learning contract with an on-site supervisor to ensure the experience is beneficial to both the intern and the organization.
The intern experience should include:
A minimum of 150 hours of direct client contact
- No more than 25% of face-to-face hours can be from a group experience
- A minimum of 150 hours of direct client contact
- An average of 5-7 counselling sessions per week
- Weekly or bi-weekly supervisory meetings
- Supervisory assessment of videotaped sessions
- Supervisor assistance for developing therapeutic goals and plans
- Supervisor assistance in implementing appropriate counselling skills
- Supervisor assistance in understanding and responding to ethical and counter-transference issues
- Assistance in record keeping and proper documentation
- A mid-year and end-of-year report from the supervisor.
Hire an Intern
If you would like to be considered to take on a Tyndale counselling Intern, please complete the online application or contact Kern Stanberry (Coordinator of Counselling Internship) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416.226.6620 ext 2106
If a student would like to apply to intern with your organization, Kern will provide a student profile and resume to you. You will then interview suitable candidate intern with you.