Rev. Dr. Kevin Livingston
Title & Contact Info
Associate Professor of Pastoral Ministry
Email: klivingston [at] tyndale.ca
Phone: 416.226.6620 ext. 2207
BA, Seattle University, 1978
MDiv, Fuller Theological Seminary, 1983
PhD, University of Aberdeen, 1989
Areas of Specialization
Theology and Practice of Preaching; The Gospel’s Encounter with Culture
Dr. Livingston is an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church in Canada and has served congregations in Seattle, Scotland, Vancouver, Cambridge, and most recently, the historic Knox Presbyterian Church in Toronto. Passionate about the integration of pastoral ministry and theological education, he previously served as adjunct professor at McMaster Divinity College and Tyndale Seminary. He has published a book on the theology of mission and evangelism in the writings of South African missiologist David Bosch, and numerous articles in the areas of missiology, preaching and church renewal. Dr. Livingston serves on the Board of Directors of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and the Latin America Mission and several committees of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. He also enjoys preaching regularly across the city.
- Preaching the Message of the Cross
- Introduction to Worship and Liturgy
Favourite Place on CampusBeing alone in the Tyndale chapel, sensing the greatness and beauty of God as well as his nearness in the silence: "Be still and know that I am God."
Favourite Place in TorontoSitting on a patio at a restaurant on the Danforth with my wife Irene, eating Greek food and drinking strong coffee. I love seeing the wonderful diversity of people and the vibrant vitality of the city passing before my eyes.
- Mistakes Preachers Make (2017)
- Speaking the Truth in Love (2016)
- I'm Listening (Psalm 119) (2015)
- What is Worship? (2015)
- The Making of a Missiologist: Formative Influences in the Early Life of David Bosch (2014)
- A Missiology of the Road: Early Perspectives in David Bosch's Theology of Mission and Evangelism (2013)
- The Legacy of David J. Bosch (1999)
- Renewing our vision for mission (1996)
- David Bosch: an interpretation of some main themes in his missiological thought (1990)