Ph.D., Asbury Theological Seminary, 2012;
Areas of specialization: Intercultural Studies, Mission, Theology, World Religions.
Professor LeBlanc, a Mi’kmaq-Acadian, is the Executive Director of Indigenous Pathways and also the founding Chair and current Director of the North American Institute for Indigenous Theological Studies (NAIITS), an indigenous learning community. Terry holds an interdisciplinary Ph.D. from Asbury Theological Seminary, Orlando, Florida, and specializes in Theology and Anthropology.
In addition to serving as an adjunct professor at Tyndale, he also teaches at George Fox University and Seminary, in Portland, Oregon, and Acadia University and Divinity College in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. Terry has accrued over 38 years of community work experience in Native North American and global Indigenous contexts, including as an educator in theology, cultural anthropology and community development practice.
Terry has won several awards for his varied writings. In June 2010, he received the Dr. E.H. Johnson Memorial Award for Innovation in Mission for his work on the creation of NAIITS. In May 2015, he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Acadia University.
- Ray Aldred, Cree, Th.D. (Cand) (Wycliffe College, University of Toronto)
- Cheryl Bear, Carrier Sekani, D.Min. (Masters University)
- Cornelius A. Buller, Ph.D. (McMaster University)
- Shalene Jobin, Cree/Metis, Ph.D. (University of Alberta)
- Jeanine Lowe LeBlanc, Mi'kmaq-Acadian, M.Div. (Asbury)
- Jennifer LeBlanc, Mi'kmaq-Acadian, M.Div. (Sioux Falls)
- Terry LeBlanc, Mi'kmaq-Acadian, Ph.D (Asbury)
- Jacqueline Ottmann, Saulteaux, Ph.D. (University of Saskatchewan)
- Wendy Peterson, Métis, Ph.D. (ABD) (Asbury)
- Andy Reimer, P.hD. (Sheffield)
- Shari Russell, Saulteaux, M.A. (Providence)
- Michael Rynkiewich, Ph.D. (University of Minnesota)
- Catherine Schull, Metis, M.A. (McGill)
- Patrick Scott, Ph.D. (University of Dundee, Scotland)
- Andrea Smith, Cherokee-Ojibway, Ph.D. (University of California Santa Cruz)
- Justine Smith, Cherokee-Ojibway, Ph.D. (Harvard University)
- Randy Woodley, Keetoowah, Ph.D. (Asbury)
- Danny Zacharias, Ojibway, Ph.D. (Cand) (Aberdeen)