Prospective Certified Spiritual Directors must :
- Have an acceptable graduate degree in the area of theology, biblical studies, and spirituality
- Done the required Spiritual Formation courses
- Completed 500 hours of Spiritual Direction practicum
- Meet the core competencies as outlined in the CCPC Spiritual Director Standards Manual
- Authorized to minister in Spiritual Direction by the individual's home church
In addition, CSD can become Certified Spiritual Director Supervisors (CSDS)
Tyndale offers the following paths to meet the Certification requirements.