2016 Wesleyan-Pentecostal Symposium Media
On March 22, 2016, Tyndale Seminary and Master's Pentecostal Seminary partnered in convening a joint Wesleyan-Pentecostal symposium on the role of experience in theology. All of the papers from the event are available as audio recordings at the bottom of the page, and the three plenary papers are available as video below.
**Please note that as these are recordings of oral presentations, they should not be cited as academic sources without contacting the presenter for permission. Any inquiries about presenter contact information should be sent to jpedlar [at] tyndale [dot] ca (subject: Symposium%20Recordings) (James Pedlar)
Donald W. Dayton's Keynote Lecture
Peter D. Neumann, "Pentecostal Mediated Immediacy: Overcoming Experience of God as Ecumenical Barrier."
James E. Pedlar, "Experiential Christianity in Canada at the Turn of the Twentieth Century: Three Wesleyan Examples."
Other paper titles (audio below)
- Bradley Truman Noel, “Experiential Verification: The Pentecostal Advantage in Hermeneutics?”
- John Vlainic, “How a Theology of Experience Shows Up in Pastoral Care.”
- James E. Read, “‘Whatever it is which reason or experience shows’: Experience in a Wesleyan approach to ethics”
- Stephen J. Bedard, “Experience as Christian Apologetics.”
- Justin Schwartz, “Objectivity is the Fruit of Subjectivity: Experience as a Fundamental Category for Theology in the work of Bernard Lonergan”
- Janelle Zeeb, “Comparing Arminianism and Open Theism on Theodicy: An Example of How Experience Affects our Preferences for Theological Systems”
- Donald W Dayton - Keynote Lecture.mp3
- Bradley Noel - Experiential Verification.mp3
- John Vlainic - How a Theology of Experience Shows up in Pastoral Care.mp3
- James Read - Whatever it is which reason or experience shows.mp3
- Stephen Bedard - Experience as Christian Apologetics.mp3
- Justin Schwartz - Experience as a Fundamental Category for Theology in the work of Bernard Lonergan.mp3
- Janelle Zeeb - Comparing Open Theism and Arminianism on Theodicy.mp3
- Peter Neumann - Pentecostal Mediated Immediacy.mp3
- James Pedlar - Experiential Christianity in Canada at the Turn of the 20th century.mp3