Summer Residence Information
Summer 2017 Residence will be available from May 1 - August 13, 2017. Summer residents will be staying in B 400.
Living in summer residence is a privilege, and as a result, we expect mature behaviour from the residents. Tyndale students applying for summer residency must have all outstanding fees cleared prior to summer residence acceptance. All policies in the Residence and Student Handbook remain in effect throughout the summer.
- Priority is given to current and new Tyndale students
- Summer Residents, not continuing in residence for Fall 2017 must move out of residence no later than August 13, 2017.
- Summer Residents who have been accepted to live in residence for Fall 2017 will move to their Fall room no later than August 13, 2017.
- No exceptions can be made on the August 13 date.
Summer Residence Fees:
|Complete Summer||3 Payments|
|Full Payment Upfront||May 1, June 1, July 1|
|Single Room with a 1/2 bathroom||$2400||$875 / month|
Refund Policy: The pro-rated amount will be refunded if given 1 month notice of leaving residence.
- Your summer application does not guarantee a spot in the residence for Fall 2017. You must apply for Fall 2017 residence in order to be eligible for acceptance.
- If you are a current resident and graduating on May 13 (Sem Grad) or May 27 (UC Grad) and you'd like to continue to stay in residence until your graduation please contact sloewen [at] tyndale [dot] ca (Shannon Loewen) to make arrangements. Please not that you may not be able to stay in your current room.
The cafeteria will be open during the weekdays for Breakfast, and Lunch while summer courses are in session. Residents are encouraged to eat their meals in the cafeteria during this time. The cafeteria will be closed for dinner and weekends. During the weeks of night classes you will be able to purchase snack items in the cafeteria until 8:30pm.
Summer residents will have access to the A400 kitchen, which serves as their communal kitchen. This allows the summer residents to provide their own meals as needed. The kitchen is equipped with: fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster oven, and an induction hotplate. Summer Residents cannot cook any food in their rooms. All cooking must happen in the A400 Kitchen.
All personal small kitchen appliances must be approved by the Residence Life Director before the resident can use them. It is recommended that all summer residents have their own mini fridge in their room to help save space in the kitchen fridge.
Summer residents are expected to clean up after themselves and ensure that the kitchen is clean and usable for all residents. This includes properly labeling your food and throwing it out once it is no longer usable.
- All non-refrigerated food items must be kept in well-sealed containers in your room.
- All non-Tyndale dishes and small appliances must be kept in your rooms when they are not being used. Small kitchen appliances can only be used in the communal kitchen.
- No small appliances are permitted to be used in a dorm room. If a resident sets off the smoke detector due to an appliance or other prohibited item (see the Residence Handbook for the list), there will be a substantial monetary fine.
Preparing for Summer Heat
During the summer it can get quite warm in residence. There is air conditioning in B400 wing, including rooms and the lounge. Tyndale does not supply fans for residents who need more air flow. The kitchen will also have an AC unit installed to help prepare meals in the hot weather. It is recommended that residents purchase 1-2 fans for their room.
|Open Dorms||Quiet Hours|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00 - 10:00pm||10:00pm - 9:00am|
Overnight guests are not permitted to stay in Summer Resident's rooms. Guest rooms can be booked with cmorisson [at] tyndale [dot] ca (Reception).