While you study . . . enjoy . . .
Weekly Chapel Services
Be refreshed spiritually as well as academically. Join the whole Tyndale community on Tuesdays at 11:30 am for our weekly chapel services. Rich music and a variety of speakers enhance this time of worship, inspiration and challenge.
Quiet Reflection/ Spiritual Direction
Take time to discern God's voice and presence in your life. Make use of the prayer room, chapel or other private spaces. Sessions with a qualified spiritual director are also available for private, guided reflection, conversation and prayer.
Your fellow students and professors come from a wide range of Christian traditions, cultures and backgrounds. This is a geat place to share ideas, make new friends and discover the amazing ways of God expressed in the lives of others.
Enjoy the warm summer temperatures in our shaded courtyard or visit the nearby park. Bring walking shoes and use your lunch to take a walk on a neighbouring trail through woods and along the East Don River.
Occasional lunch time concerts will uplift your day and provide good opportunity for social interaction and relaxation.
Baseball anyone? Live theatre? Markets? Museums? Shopping? CN Tower? Toronto Islands? Want to see Toronto but don’t want to drive there? You can get downtown by bus and subway for $3. It’s an adventure, and no need to pay for parking either!
Summer 2014 will be a very special time as we kick off the celebration of the 120th anniversary of our institution. Details of the anniversary program will be announced.
Tyndale is located close to both the Toronto, and York Region Transit System.
Finch Station is 10 min away and is the main hub for transportation in the area. From Finch, you can take the subway downtown or a bus in whichever direction you need to go.
To get to Finch Station from Tyndale walk north to Steeles Avenue and catch the 53 bus at either Laureleaf Rd. or Bayview Ave.
For maps and schedules follow this link: Toronto Transit Commission
Attractions around the Tyndale Campus
- Mel Lastman Square
- Enjoy live performances all throughout summer at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
- Sunday Serenades - Spend Sunday evenings at the at Mel Lastman Square dancing to some of Ontario's very best live swing, big band and jazz acts.
- Cultural Festival - Every Friday night in July, enjoy diverse and exciting musical, artistic, culinary and cinematic programming at the Mel Lastman Square.
- Toronto Botanical Gardens
- At Black Creek Pioneer Village become immersed in the lifestyles, customs and surroundings of early residents who built the foundation for modern Toronto and Ontario during the 1800’s.
- This map shows walking paths and parks all around the city of Toronto including those next to Tyndale’s campus. You can find these trails on the map grid at A23.
- Head over to Downsview Park for walking paths as well as recreational activities including indoor rock climbing, volleyball courts, and soccer.
Things to do and see in Toronto City
For a complete guide of Tourism in Toronto and upcoming events visit http://www.seetorontonow.com/
Here are some fun day trips or evening outings:
- CN Tower
- Science Centre
- Toronto Heritage Castle
- Kensington Market
- Toronto Island
- St. Lawrence Market
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- The Toronto Beaches
- The Distillery District