Course Instructor: Dr. Robert Cousins
With an ever increasing migration of people globally, Toronto has become one of the most multicultural cities of the world. If we are going to engage in missional ministry, it will require the capacity to cross cultural boundaries that build trusting and long lasting relationships’. This course seeks to develop intercultural competencies for Christian leaders engaged in diverse ministry.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Articulate a biblical theology of cultural diversity
- Understand the developmental model of intercultural sensitivity
- Understand the process of intercultural communication
- Be aware of how their own cultural values influence communication
- Appreciate the adaptation process of entering another cultural context
- Develop some skills for effective in intercultural relationships
- Have developed self-awareness regarding his/her intercultural leadership capacity
This is a blended course that integrates face-to-face learning with online learning.
In-class Course Dates: 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
The Peoples Church (374 Sheppard Avenue East).
Early Bird Price - $360 (till August 23, 2018) + Buzztix Fee $13.95
Regular Price - $400+ Buzztix Fee $15.25
TIM Centre is unable to reduce the Buzztix Fee cost, which is charged according to the price of registration.