Beginning fall 2017—online registration now open. Jump to the list of modules below for links to per-module details and registration.
“Everyone welcome!” many of our church signs proclaim. As people involved in ministry, or students looking to serve in ministry, we know that all too often, this is not the reality for all. People with disabilities and their families are often marginalized and excluded due to the physical, communicative, or attitudinal barriers they face. Developed in collaboration with Christian Horizons, this certificate program will equip people to foster belonging in all aspects of ministry and outreach with people living with a disability and their families. Engaging modules address practical, theological, and relational aspects of being the Body of Christ as people of unique abilities—together.
Time: Saturdays 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Tyndale University College & Seminary
3377 Bayview Ave, Toronto ON M2M 3S4
Map of Tyndale's location
Cost: $75 per module.
Registration: You can register for the whole course on Eventbrite, or by purchasing tickets using the form at the bottom of this page. Or, you can register on a per-module basis. Visit the module links below for per-module details and registration.
Certificate: A minimum of 5 modules are required to graduate from the program, however, all six are recommended. Upon completion participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Module One: Introduction to Disabilities and the Church - September 16, 2017
- Module Two: Understanding Accessibility - October 21, 2017
- Module Three: Belonging and the Body - November 18, 2017
- Module Four: Ministering to Families with Disabilities - January 13, 2018
- Module Five: Disability and Theology in the Christian Tradition - February 10, 2018
- Module Six: Disability, Suffering, and the Pastoral Imagination - March 24, 2018