Dr. Madison Pierce
Title & Contact Info
Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies and Theology
Email: mpierce [at] tyndale.ca
Phone: 416.226.6620 ext. 6703
Integrated PhD, University of Durham, 2017
MDiv, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 2012
BA, Christian Studies, Ouachita Baptist University, 2010
Areas of Specialization
Epistle to the Hebrews, use of Scripture in Scripture (especially the use of Mosaic traditions), Trinitarian theology, and theological interpretation
Dr. Pierce completed her PhD thesis, “Divine Discourse in the Epistle to the Hebrews,” at Durham University in the United Kingdom in June 2017. During her studies, she taught courses on New Testament Greek, New Testament Theology, the Gospel of John, and the Pentateuch at Durham University, Cranmer Hall, and Lindisfarne Regional Training Partnership. She has recently co-edited Muted Voices of the New Testament (T&T Clark, 2017) on the theological and canonical contributions of the Catholic Epistles and Hebrews. Additionally, she has published articles in New Testament Studies and Biblical Theology Bulletin and a number of chapters on Hebrews and Trinitarian theology. She and her husband, Curtis, enjoy camping and other outdoor activities, spending time with their dog, and music.
- Hebrews and General Epistles
- Use of Scripture in Scripture
Favourite Place on CampusI love the chapel and its marriage of beauty and sanctity. I fell in love when I visited campus, and I still love to wander in and enjoy the space.
Favourite Place in TorontoWe are new to the city, so I have lots of places to discover; however, my husband and I stayed on the Danforth for a few weeks when we first moved and that lovely neighborhood was a wonderful taste of the community in Toronto.
- Paul and the Traditions Passed On: A Reconsideration of Pauline ‘Subordination’ Texts (2018)
- Hebrews 1 and the Son Begotten ‘Today’ (2017)
- Hebrews 3.7–4.11 and the Spirit’s Speech to the Community (2017)
- Muted Voices of the New Testament: Readings in the Catholic Epistles and Hebrews (2017)
- Wilderness Traditions in Paul, Hebrews, and the Wisdom of Solomon (2017)
- “The Perfect Tense-Form and the Son of Man in John 3.13: Developments in Greek Grammar as a Viable Solution to the Timing of the Ascent and Descent” (2014)
- “War: Fighting the Enemies of God, not Man” (2013)