Below are some helpful tip sheets, links, and other documents to help make sure your time at Tyndale is successful and rewarding.
Keep a Copy of Your Program Requirements
The major sheet lists all the academic requirements you must complete in order to graduate. It is important that you keep a copy of your program requirements from your first year of studies. Even though changes to your program may occur from year to year, you are audited against the curriculum outlined in your entrance year when you apply to graduate. Transfer students would have received a personalized program requirements when they received the results of their transfer credit evaluation.
Check Your MyTyndale Email Account
It is your responsibility to monitor your mytyndale email account to ensure you have updated information. All campus-wide announcements and faculty and staff communication will be sent to this email. It is very important you check this email account daily.
Check Your Course Pages
Each class you register for has its own course page online. This page will house the syllabus, class announcements, handouts, and links to important resources. It is very important you check your course pages often.
Monitor Your Attendance
Students are required to swipe their student ID card on card readers located outside every classroom. If an ID card is not swiped correctly, you may be marked absent. It is your responsibility to check each course page and ensure your attendance is accurate. Discrepancies must be reported to your professor immediately. Late requests for adjustments may not be approved.
Create an Academic Plan
Students are more successful when they plan ahead. Keep track of all course readings and requirements, deadlines, personal commitments, and appointments. Take time at the beginning of each semester to create this plan and revisit it often. Advising Services is available for assistance if you would need help.
Use resources like the Writing and Tutoring Services to help make sure you succeed.
Course Registration Help
The Office of the Registrar is your key resource for information related to course enrollment, important dates, final exams, official documents, and school policies. Visit their website often and look through their tip sheets for step-by-step instructions on how to access information. They also send campus-wide announcement with important information. Be sure to read all communication that comes from them.
There a lot of great tutorial videos on the classes.tyndale Moodle page that will help you navigate a number of different things. Once you login click on the Student Resources tab to access them. We recommend watching Moodle Help Files, Tyndale Library Orientations, and Writing and Grammar Tutorials.
Learnware offers a number of online courses and tests to help boost your test taking and learning abilities. They take complex facts, concepts, processes and procedures and make them easy for others to learn and expertly apply in order to see results in your academic performance. While not free, Learnware is offering their services to Tyndale students at a discount, learn more in this price guide (PDF).
- Brilliant Brainloading™ Bootcamp for Students $79
- Master Multiple Choice Exams™ for Students $49
- Both for $99
Brilliant Brainloading™ Bootcamp for Students
Learning is a skill just like any other skill. Learners, like you, who know how to learn are like walls that are prepared and primed for paint orwallpaper. The learning sticks and the results are exactly what you need and want. You will learn faster, smarter and with less stress.
- Part 1 - Brilliant Brainloading™ PROCESS - Your Learning Brain
- 5 Hours: 12 Online Modules + 24 Videos + Exercises + Tools + Guide
- Part 2 - Brilliant Brainloading™ PRACTICE - ACTION!
- 8 Hours: Practice Overview Modules + Practice Activities + Tools + Practice Workbook
If you’re ready to discover highly valued learning skills and strategies to make your brain work better, then the Brilliant Brainloading™ Bootcamp is the solution!
- Demystify the learning process – pull back the curtain on how your brain works to maximize how you learn
- Gain control over the volume and complexity of what you need to learn
- Discover what actions to take to go from ‘brain bog’ to ‘brain bright’, no matter what you need to learn
- Acquire faster and more efficient learning strategies to gain, retain, recall and reuse new knowledge and skills
- Gain personal learning information processing skills to keep ahead of the learning curve
Master Multiple Choice Exams™ for Students
8 hours: 9 Online Modules + Videos + Exercises + Tools + 6 Online Practice Exams
The online Get Great Marks! Master Multiple Choice Exams™ program shows you how exam-creators design multiple choice questions to confuse you. You will also learn how to read, interpret and select the right answers with greater confidence and accuracy.
You will gain 5 exam-taking skills and 25 exam-taking strategies to overcome any multiple-choice exam-taking challenge and pass the exam the first time!
Completing this online program will help you:
- Reduce your anxiety about taking multiple choice exams
- Demystify the tricks and tactics used by exam creators
- Select the correct answers more often
- Get higher marks on multiple choice exams
- Gain confidence that you are ready and able to successfully pass multiple choice exams
We know Academic Language can be tricky.