Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Administrative Assistant will offer administrative support to the Director of Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre, aiding in general administrative duties and offering support to the TSFC certificate programs.
Supports the work of the Director by:
- Perform administrative tasks of TSFC such as communication with registrants, maintaining records of enrolment and attendance, setting up online registration, and producing program certificates
- Host and assist instructors and facilitators for the certificate programs and events
- Help in maintaining and updating the TSFC website with current information regarding program offerings and events,
- Help promote and elevate visibility of TSFC through social media
- Aid in developing, collecting and analyzing participant feedbacks and evaluation of program outcomes
- Organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
- Handle customer concerns in a professional, timely and effective manner
- Post-secondary education
- Current Tyndale student
- Customer service experience an asset
- Experience in a Christian, non-profit, or educational institution an asset
- Knowledge about the field of spiritual formation an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of online meeting platforms and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiatives
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Occasional lifting of heavy items (e.g. files and boxes, etc.)
- Ability to work on weekend hours as required for the certificate programs
- May encounter challenging people, able to maintain professional and calm demeanor
- Able to work under pressure and adjust to changes
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
This position is for students only. Please refrain from applying if you are currently not a student enrolled in post-secondary education. Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.