Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Administrative Assistant, Centre for Academic Excellence (CAE) oversees advanced administrative functions of the CAE and assists with departmental events and frontline service. This position supports administrative duties related to the Academic Advising Office, Career Services, Writing & Tutoring Services, and Accessibility Services. This individual works as an integral part of Centre for Academic Excellence by maintaining accurate records, processing and preparing reports and resources, and writing communication sent from the department.
- Draft, manage and respond to email sent and received from all CAE alias emails.
- Oversee the CAE’s online booking software, update schedules, and handle cancellations.
- Generate reports required for different areas of the department.
- Act as Recording Secretary for the Student Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- Draft accommodation plans for review by the Accessibility Specialist.
- Assist in the selection of note takers for Accessibility Services.
- Assist in coordinating and proctoring test, midterm and final exam accommodations.
- Edit and format training materials for professional and community development.
- Review, caption-correct, or convert material into readable formats for accessibility reasons.
- content produced by the CAE.
- Print and upload material for seminars and guest lectures.
- Edit and update online and print resources on the CAE’s website, YouTube Channel, and Moodle page.
- Review and post job opportunities on behalf of Career Services.
- Coordinate the promotion of events and networking opportunities hosted by the CAE.
- Maintain existing administrative systems, while updating or developing new systems to improve efficiency.
- Hold regular office hours to provide frontline service on behalf of the CAE.
- Promote a clean, professional, and welcoming atmosphere in the CAE.
- Collect feedback from students to gauge satisfaction and report concerns to the Director, CAE.
- Communicate with students who are seeking assistance with academic progress, extensions, appeals and the accessibility process.
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma.
- Degree or diploma in English, Communications, or Office Management, preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an administrative support position.
- Administrative experience in a post-secondary environment, preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and prioritize concerns under time constraints.
- Considerable flexibility, reliability, and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general software usage.
- Enthusiasm for student learning and growth.
- Strong relational skills demonstrating approachability, patience, and encouragement.
- Propensity for guiding and helping others.
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work, and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith, and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standard office environment.
- Availability to work outside regular business hours.
- Availability of 15-17 hours per week.
- Stress may result from encountering challenging people; it is important to maintain a calm and professional demeanor.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.