Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Administrative Assistant, TIM Centre provides front line service to Tyndale Intercultural Ministry Centre clients and assists with the events and day-to-day functions of the department, TIM Centre. This half-time position will also provide administrative support to the Executive Director, and TIM Centre team.
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative support to the Executive Director (ED).
- Follow-up proposal details, issue invoices, submit invoices with partnering agencies; send reminders and revisions to ED.
- Design, print certificates for participants and align with partnering agency’s policies and branding.
- Edit and format funding proposals and partnership agreements.
- Serving as a liaison between the ED, Tyndale Campus Services and clients.
- Maintain schedules and coordinate meetings as required, including determining the urgency and purpose of the meetings, room bookings, A/V requirements, catering, etc.
- Ensure the ED is informed on key issues to assist with decision-making.
- Maintain and ensure security of all databases and records/files.
- Prepare, review, and submit expense reports, cheque requisitions and invoices; maintain records of expenditures; liaise with Accounts Payable and assist with budget matters as required.
- Maintain and develop mailing list database and files on ethnic groups & partner agencies.
- Assist Director in adapting the UReach Toronto website as a web portal for Diaspora & Global Mission Project.
- Administer registrations, logistics, academic records for the TIM Diploma.
- Process money received for TIM Centre events and the TIM Diploma program.
- Deposit money and keep a record of financial accounts/transactions.
- Assist with budget tracking and reports.
- Oversee, coordinate and assign projects to intern(s).
- Train and coach intern(s) to use software for marketing materials, etc.
Communication & Customer Service
- Respond in person, by phone and by email to inquiries from potential clients or program participants.
- Liaise with external suppliers/vendors on behalf of the TIM Centre.
- Coordinate, compile and edit brochures as required.
- Prepare course packages.
- Promotion of TIM Centre events, including web updates and PR i.e. Facebook & Twitter.
- Produce, design and print TIM Centre marketing materials.
- Edit and format funding proposals and partnership agreements.
- Interface with Tyndale students in promoting TIM Centre & Missions.
- Serve as liaison for internal and external constituencies.
- Organize Brown Bag lunches and other events, including booking of rooms, catering, and speaker care.
- Promote and communicate TIM Centre events.
- Assist Facilitators in course needs, textbooks, print material, email communications, redistribute electronic files to participants.
- Organize Diploma Graduation, print certificates, coordinate logistics, booking, catering, and PR.
Web Based Administration
- Oversee Web-based activities for TIM Centre
- Oversee Tyndale Event Calendar online.
- Oversee TIM Centre specific Website.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
College Diploma in Administration preferred
- Previous Administrative experience, preferably 4 to 5 years
- Experience in a non-profit and/or educational institution
- Experience with database management
- Interest in missions and interfacing with ethnic groups in the GTA
- Experience in promotion and coordinating logistics for events
Skills and Abilities
- Very good administrative and organizational skills
- Strong intercultural skills, including language skills
- Ability to work with numbers, managing departmental expenses
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work independently and able to take initiative in the absence of the Director
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to write, design and edit
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Basic skills in managing web content
- Ability to manage and develop data base through Mailchimp
- Ability to develop TIM Centre’s use of social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Highly detail oriented and diligent
- Very good computer proficiency (MS Office including word, excel & power point)
- Professional, adaptable, strong work ethic, positive and friendly
- Suitable emotional intelligence and customer service attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with diplomacy, tact and professionalism
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community.
- A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- General office environment and equipment
- Occasional lifting of heavy items (e.g. files and boxes, etc.)
- May encounter challenging people and vendors from time to time. Important to maintain a clam and professional demeanor
- Must be able to work with distractions and interruptions
- Moderate stress level due to face-paced and detailed work, tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.