Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Administrative Assistant supports the TWC administrative and clinical staff with administrative details to ensure in the smooth, efficient, professional operation of the Wellness Centre and provides back up service to the Tyndale Psychiatry Clinic in the absence of the Administrative & Medical Assistant.
Wellness Centre Services (reports to Assistant Director)
- Assists with initial set-up of Outlook calendars for new therapists and supervisors and ongoing oversight of Outlook calendars for all supervisors and therapists.
- Assists Assistant Director with administrative tasks associated with special programs offered by TWC (such as “SEUS” for Counselling Majors).
- Maintains schedules and coordinates meetings, trainings as required.
- Edits and formats proposals and other documents as needed.
- Prepares documentation for staff and other.
- Assists Assistant Director with correspondence and promotions documentation.
- Leads the planning and organization of TWC events, including but not limited to booking venue, catering, A/V, registration, attendance, records, etc.
- Oversees event promotion to the internal and external outlets, including web updates, announcements and promotional materials.
- Assists in design and print of TWC event marketing materials, liaising with graphic designers, professional printers and Tyndale marketing department to ensure materials meet branding requirements.
- Sets up, maintains and manages the Eventbrite registration, matching event-specific requirements, and the specific requirements for TWC.
- Assists registrants with registration (over the phone, in person or email) in providing IT support and workshop selection advice.
- Liaises with Business Office to ensure the registration attendance, expenses and revenue are accurate and credited to the correct accounts and that necessary adjustments are made when Eventbrite is complete.
- Creates, posts and maintains TWC events on the Tyndale Events Calendar.
- Provides follow-up and detailed reminders for program participants.
- Assists instructors in course needs, handouts, email communications, distribution of electronic files to participants, evaluations.
- Designs and prints certificates for program participants in alignment with Tyndale and the partnering agency’s policies and branding.
- Records event sessions and makes recordings available.
Responds to community counselling requests including directing to available therapists.
- Updates therapist availability on TWC website (ongoing).
- Liaises with Marketing and Alumni Relations on promotion of TWC events
Financial and Other
- Aids with PayPal refund requests.
- Reconciles TWC community client receipts with TWC therapists’ invoices and submit to Business Office (twice per month).
- Consolidates third-party billing/invoices (corporate, monthly).
- Aids therapists with related inquiries or concerns/ PRISM Drop-In.
Data Management and Statistics
- Maintains and ensures security of all databases and records/files.
- Conducts PRISM Drop-In sessions .
- Assists staff and therapists with use of PRISM.
- Conducts periodic client file checks and provides feedback to therapists and supervisors.
- Provides statistics regarding therapy and psychiatry sessions and other lists from PRISM and other sources as required by leadership team.
- For community clients, adds new individual, couple and family files and removes closed files.
- Adds supervision clients and links to supervisor.
Data entry into Excel spreadsheets – for other items as requested
As required, oversees and coordinates work of summer student worker, providing orientation and training as needed. Assists student worker in organizing and executing projects.
Provides back up support for clinic in the absence of the Psychiatry Clinic Medical Administrative Assistant
College Diploma in Administration, or related discipline
- One year of experience in a busy reception area, preferably in a health care and/or Christian environment.
- Some knowledge of, training in and/or experience with mental health and/or counselling field an asset.
- Basic training in Mental Health First Aid (or something similar).
Skills and Abilities
- Must have OSSD; completion of Medical Office Administration Certificate preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Publisher.
- Knowledge of patient registration and scheduling systems.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Minimum 50 words per minute typing speed rate.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential patient/client information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Professional, adaptable, strong work ethic, positive and friendly.
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- General office environment and equipment; working in a confidential area with noise filters on.
- Range from low to high levels of stress depending on the time of year.
- May encounter challenging people from time to time.
- Must be able to act to get immediate help for a client who comes in a mental health crisis.
- Must be able to work with distractions and very frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work on the computer for long periods.
- Minimal physical effort (some filing, photocopying and cleaning).
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the Tyndale Wellness Centre Administrative Assistant position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.