Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Admissions Counsellor, Undergraduate works closely with the other members of the Admissions Department to implement strategies and initiatives to achieve recruitment and enrollment management objectives by communicating, building interest, and developing relationships with prospective undergraduate students in assigned geographic region. While the focus will be on undergraduate students, efforts to promote Tyndale Seminary are taken at every possible opportunity.
- Recruit well-qualified students to Tyndale by contacting prospective undergraduate students via phone, email, and/or in-person visits.
- Represent Tyndale at off-campus recruiting events.
- Initiate opportunities to promote Tyndale off-campus.
- Provide prospective students with counselling towards undergraduate education.
- Work closely with Student Admissions representatives to follow up with prospective students.
- Participate as an active member of the Admissions team.
- Ensure prospective students have required information regarding their application status through clear and timely communication.
- Process and evaluate undergraduate application files.
- Notify the applicant of application decision and post-acceptance instructions.
- Identify and remove barriers for undergraduate applicants.
- Document correspondence with undergraduate students and track application status.
- Provide status reports on assigned region, as required.
- 1-2 years of sales or recruiting experience, preferred
- Experience with a Christian higher education institution, preferred
- Experience in database management, preferred
- Marketing and customer relations experience, preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to conduct data analysis
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills with considerable experience speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment and computer software
- Organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Self-motivated "team player" who will take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- Entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to "get the job done"
- Proven record of relating to a variety of people with tact and diplomacy
- A passion for higher education and the desire to play a key role in attracting and preparing students to become exceptional members of society
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Working non-traditional hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) during heavy event seasons
- Able to lift and carry promotional materials and equipment
- Travel required
- May experience stress in dealing with challenging people (internal and external)
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.