Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The Admissions Counsellor, Seminary works closely with the other members of the Admissions Department to implement strategies and initiatives to achieve recruitment and enrollment management objectives by communicating, building interest, and developing relationships with prospective Tyndale Seminary students. While the focus will be on Seminary students, efforts to promote Tyndale University College are taken at every possible opportunity.
- Recruit well-qualified students to Tyndale Seminary by contacting prospective students via phone, email, and/or in-person visits.
- Represent Tyndale at off-campus recruiting events.
- Initiate opportunities to promote Tyndale off-campus.
- Provide prospective students with counselling towards graduate theological education.
- Work closely with Student Admissions representatives to follow up with prospective students.
- Serve as a Tyndale representative at recruitment-related events to generate inquiries.
- Participate as an active member of the Admissions team.
- Ensure prospective students have required information regarding their application status through clear and timely communication.
- Process and evaluate undergraduate application files.
- Notify the applicant of application decision and post-acceptance instructions, including information regarding registration, orientation, and study permit information (for international students).
- Document correspondence with Seminary students and track application status.
- Provide status reports, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate theological education preferred
- 1-2 years of sales or recruiting experience
- Experience with a Christian higher education institution preferred
- Experience in database management, preferred
- Marketing and customer relations experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct data analysis
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills with considerable experience speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment and computer software
- Organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Self-motivated "team player" who will take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- Entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to "get the job done"
- Proven record of relating to a variety of people with tact and diplomacy
- A passion for higher education and the desire to play a key role in attracting and preparing students to become exceptional members of society
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Working non-traditional hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) during heavy event seasons
- Travel required and a valid drivers license with expected long distance driving
- Able to lift and carry promotional materials and equipment
- May experience stress in dealing with challenging people (internal and external)
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.