Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Tyndale Seminary, a transdenominational graduate school of theology in the evangelical, Protestant tradition, invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty position in pastoral ministry.
- Develop and teach courses in homiletics, and pastoral ministry at the undergraduate, Master’s and doctorate levels (intro to preaching, advanced preaching, preaching electives)
- Lead the preaching and communication concentration in the Doctor of Ministry program (teaching homiletics and communication, advising students, participating in hearings, and some administrative and committee work)
- In partnership with the other members of the practical theology department, champion a vision for excellence in pastoral studies at the seminary
- Mentor and supervise students toward their development as congregational leaders
- Engage in research, writing and publishing in homiletics and communication as well as the broader field of pastoral ministry and congregational life
- Develop other courses in area of interest
- Participate fully in the academic and community life of the seminary including assigned departmental and committee work
- Network with ministry leaders in the constituency and forge linkages between the seminary and the field
- Participate in the faith life of a local congregation
- Earned doctorate in a relevant field focused on homiletics
- Record of significant and effective pastoral leadership
- Proven experience in teaching, preaching, mentoring and research
- Experience in digital forms of communication and online learning an asset
- Capacity to engage critically and reflectively with the nature and mission of the church in a secularized, pluralistic, post-Christendom context
- Committed to a missional understanding of the global church
- Familiarity with the Canadian context required
- Creative, energetic, and passionate about the formation of women and men for Christian ministry
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position, a statement of faith, and a complete curriculum vitae. The names and contact data for referees will be required once initial screening is complete. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates will be considered. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Questions and applications can be submitted in confidence to Tyndale University Human Resources at employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.