Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Audio Visual Support Student Worker assists the Audio Visual Manager with all audio-visual equipment and services within Tyndale; providing exceptional customer service to all Tyndale end users.
Audio Visual Operations
- Assist in set-up and maintain A/V equipment for use during internal events, in classrooms, and special external events.
- Assist in the installation of AV equipment in various spaces on campus.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for A/V equipment in the Chapel, classrooms and elsewhere in Tyndale.
- Mix live audio for various events (on and off campus) using digital and analogue mixing consoles.
Customer Service and Support
- Provide A/V services to departments and ensure the availability of adequate A/V equipment to meet end-users’ needs.
- Assist in acquiring equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in the coordination with departments on A/V set ups for events.
- Ensure internal and external requests for support are provided in a timely and efficient manner.
Equipment Maintenance and Acquisition
Assist with seasonal updates, testing, and maintenance of classroom tools.
High School Diploma
- 0-6 months of proven A/V experience. Preferred experience including assembling, maintaining and operating A/V equipment
- In-depth experience using and operating all kinds of multimedia equipment
- Proficient with computer systems used in multimedia equipment
- Proven knowledge and adequate experience with sound systems, video cameras, and lighting techniques
- Experience mixing live audio
- Relevant experience with higher education institutions
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with coworkers and staff/faculty
- High level of organization skills to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan and manage an allocated budget for A/V services
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations when dealing with end users and external clients
- Excellent capability in operating all kinds of multimedia and A/V equipment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Some musical background is an asset
- Must be creative and flexible in meeting the needs of other departments
- Punctuality and a serving attitude are essential
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
- Ability to handle responsibility and to work unsupervised when necessary
Physical and Mental Demands
- Stamina for installing, testing and moving A/V equipment
- Flexibility and willingness to work after hours to support different events which will often include evenings and weekends
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
This position is for students only. Please refrain from applying if you are currently not a student enrolled in post-secondary education. Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.