Tyndale University is a multi-denominational, evangelical postsecondary institution that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
As Content Marketing Writer, you will be a core member of our full-service, in-house marketing and communications team. You will play a key role in supporting our high-performing team by meeting brand, enrollment and fundraising targets through the development and implementation of promotional content, such as Tyndale Updates, websites, social media, public relations and other communications materials. Your exceptional communications skills and your ability to shape compelling content will help drive enrollment and fundraising efforts.
- Resource gathering for web pages, events, e-news, public relations, internal communications and other material as needed
- Write for all mediums including web, print, news articles, ad copy, and social media posts while adopting Tyndale’s distinct voice
- Write and edit press releases
- Copy edit material written for marketing and communications
- Interview students, alumni, faculty, etc. for stories
Undergraduate degree in communications or related field with 2 to 4 years of experience developing and maintaining multi-media communication content
Interview experience to gather stories and content for multiple uses
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write and edit several different types of copy from journalistic articles, press releases, web copy to advertising print copy, social media content and radio ads
- Copy editing skills
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Solid organization and project management skills
- Proficiency in Office software and publication tools
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A nature of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail / detail oriented
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standard office environment
- Ability to meet deadlines amidst competing priorities; able to work under pressure
- May require some work outside regular business hours
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.