Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
With a background of excellence in classroom teaching, this core faculty member will have specialties in Ontario Ministry curricular areas.
Areas of responsibilities:
This core faculty member will be expected to demonstrate:
- Engaging and inclusive classroom practices with excellent commuication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience teaching or competent in math - Primary-K-3, Junior level - 4-6, and Intermediate level 7-10;
- Ability to teach other B.Ed and or/university courses to fulfill a full-time teaching load
- Assessment and evaluation practices consistent with Ontario Ministry expectation; and
- A commitment to preparing teachers for varied and complex environments
The successful candidate will possess:
• At least a Master’s degree in Education, with a strong background in mathematics;
• Certification with the Ontario College of Teachers;
• A record of scholarly achievement and/or professional contribution; and
• A comprehensive knowledge of Ontario’s educational landscape.
The successful applicant will commence service on July 1, 2018 and will be accountable to the Bachelor of Education Department Chair and subsequently the Academic Dean of the University College.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting fit, a description of their faith commitment and how it shapes their approach to teaching, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and should be sent electronically to: employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be reviewed starting February 2018.