Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Tyndale Seminary, a transdenominational graduate school of theology in the evangelical, Protestant tradition, invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty position in Counselling, to provide support for the ongoing development and growth of the Master of Divinity Counselling and Master of Arts Clinical Counselling programs.
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Teaching, scholarship, and service comprise the three-fold responsibilities of all faculty members.
- Develop and teach foundational theoretical courses based on systems theory, courses related to human development and personality theories, and courses emphasizing therapy using contemporary theoretical models. Share in the department’s advising responsibilities by mentoring and supervising students toward their development as counsellors and leaders
- In partnership with other members of the counselling department, champion a vision for excellence in counselling students at the seminary
- Engage in research, writing, and publishing in the field of counselling
- Develop other courses in area of interest
- Able to supervise research projects of thesis students
- Participate fully in the academic and community life of Tyndale University (Seminary & Graduate Studies) including assigned departmental and committee work
- Network with leaders in the field and forge linkages between the Tyndale University (Seminary & Graduate Studies) and the field
- Participate in the faith life of a local congregation
- Earned doctorate in the field of Counselling, Psychology, or equivalent is required
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists (or equivalent) or Membership in a professional body (e.g. AAMFT)
- Significant clinical counselling experience, with a focus on proven clinical skills from a family systems perspective and intercultural competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching (and research preferred)
- Demonstrated capacity for thoughtful and intentional integration of faith and practice
- Ability to effectively relate to a multicultural, multidenominational, multigenerational student body
- Demonstrated collegial style committed to collaboration with colleagues within the institution and the broader professional community
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates (current employees with active WFN accounts) can log in and apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.