Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
In collaboration with the SVP, External Relations & Enrollment Management (SVP), the Director of Marketing & Communications leads the development and execution of integrated strategies for the centralized Marketing & Communications department at Tyndale University College & Seminary. The Director is a hands-on marketing professional who creates and implements strategic plans that are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives, including the production of print, radio and online communications for recruitment, fundraising and corporate purposes.
The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to Tyndale’s marketing and communications strategies, processes and services; in collaboration with the SVP establish and implement short and long-range marketing and communication goals, aligned with the organization’s goals & objectives.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across campus to ensure that strategies are implemented successfully.
- Develop and manage the implementation of marketing and communications policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with standards of both provincial and accreditation bodies.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, lead, and mentor direct reports, ensuring they have the tools and resources needed to succeed; provide on-going training and feedback.
- Work with event and program leaders to create communications and marketing plans that identify the purpose, audience, creative brief, budgets and communication plans for each event and program.
- Create and sustain an environment of excellence and professionalism in customer service and teamwork; implement best practices, identifying operational, technological, and administrative improvements that will enhance efficiencies and promote student success.
- In collaboration with the SVP, allocate budget and resources accordingly to ensure that goals & objectives are met
- Create and maintain branding standards aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provide public relations and media support for the organization, as necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of internal and external communication plans for various Tyndale constituencies.
- Generate and analyze reports to identify trends, track impact/effectiveness of strategies towards goals; take corrective action as required.
- Participate in various aspects of institutional committee work, as required.
- Undergraduate degree with a marketing/communications focus or educational equivalent
- 5–7 years’ related work experience, including team management
- Social media and online communications experience required
- Experience in an academic, not-for-profit and/or faith-based setting, preferred
- Experience in providing innovative and creative solutions in a resource-constrained environment, preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proven understanding of branding, advertising, marketing, corporate communications and public relations principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking skills with considerable experience speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Proven strong team leadership skills and experience in developing and facilitating cross-functional teams
- Strong skills in strategic planning, project management, direct marketing and budget management
- Ability to understand and work well within complex administrative networks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide effective leadership
- Strong capability with computers, office software, and database management
- Proven strong relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to “get the job done”
- Self-motivated, willing to take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- Strong commitment to serve students and faculty in the context of a Christian university and seminary
- Demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy, with the ability to interact with students, parents, faculty, and senior management
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standard office environment and equipment
- Fast-paced team-oriented environment; able to work under pressure
- Travel required on a regular basis
- Work outside regular business hours required
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.