Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The External Events Coordinator assists Admission Counsellors in recruiting new students to Tyndale University College & Seminary by coordinating all aspects of off campus recruiting events, including booking sites, scheduling travel, engaging partners and key influencers etc. The Coordinator also works closely with the Admissions Counsellors in implement their recruitment strategies and initiatives.
Coordination of External Recruitment Events
• Arrange external recruiting events for the Admissions Counsellors by liaising with external stakeholders, key influencers and partners, e.g. High School guidance counsellors, Staff Sponsors for Christian fellowship groups, Conference Coordinators, Youth Pastors and other church leaders, Camp Directors, College and University representatives, and Tyndale professors.
• Record all external events on the Admissions calendar to avoid double booking for Counsellors.
• Provide all relevant information regarding a given event to Counsellors in order to assist them in their preparation for the event.
• Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive record of all external events attended by the Admissions Office staff with appropriate contact information, effectiveness etc.
• Manage all external recruiting events accounting, ensuring that invoices are paid on time
• Track event status, ensuring that all deadlines are met for submitting ads, PowerPoint slides, videos, certificates of insurance, and promotional material for conference attendee packets.
• Conduct online research for new external recruitment venues and opportunities.
• Follow up on recruitment ideas generated by Admissions staff.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in customer service, preferred
c) Skills and Abilities
• Extremely organized; high attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to relate to diverse groups (internally and externally)
• Familiarity with MS Office software
d) Personal Characteristics
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service
• Self-motivated, "team player"; willing to take responsibility for his/her daily work goals
• A passion for higher education and the desire to play a role in attracting and preparing students to become exceptional members of society
• A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
e) Physical and Mental Demands
• Standard office environment
• Work requires ability to focus and pay attention to detail
• May experience stress in dealing with challenging people (internal and external)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.