Tyndale Seminary is an accredited, graduate school of theology in the evangelical Protestant tradition in Toronto, Canada. Tyndale’s counselling program is a professionally-recognized, graduate-level program of study providing students with educational preparation for credentialed clinical practice and pastoral care ministries.
Tyndale invites applications and inquiries from interested persons who possess experience and expertise in counselling/psychotherapy as well as recognized academic and professional credentials. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Tyndale welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. The successful candidate will subscribe to and sign Tyndale’s Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
The incumbent will be part of a department offering a full range of clinical counselling courses that integrate rigorous theoretical understandings with applied psychotherapy methods and skills. The incumbent will possess broad expertise in the discipline as well as in specialized areas that complement the faculty team. The three-fold responsibilities of a faculty member include teaching, scholarship and service.
Tyndale encourages applicants with demonstrated abilities as an effective teacher and communicator, proven clinical skills, intercultural competence, and a commitment to student learning and development.
Category: This is a part-time faculty position (negotiable days) that allows the incumbent to maintain a part-time clinical practice
Salary: Commensurate with academic rank and experience
Reports to: Academic Dean of the Seminary
Start Date: August 2018
• An experienced counsellor/psychotherapist with membership (or eligible for membership) in a recognized professional college or association.
• Doctoral degree preferred, with strong academic and scholarly interests.
• Motivated and engaging teacher and communicator.
• Proven ability in supervising and mentoring students/ beginning therapists.
• Demonstrated capacity for thoughtful and intentional integration of faith and practice.
• Ability to effective engage a multicultural, multidenominational, multigenerational student body.
• Team player committed to collegiality and collaboration within the institution and with the broader professional community.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter highlighting the fit with the position, a description of their faith commitment and how it influences their approach to teaching and practice, and contact information for three references.
Applications should be sent electronically to: employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca with the subject line “Faculty Position in Counselling”
Application Dates: Review of applications has begun, and will close on March 19, 2018.