Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Human Resources Administrator will support key HR programs on a day to day basis and provide front line support to employees and managers. The HR Administrator will work with the rest of the team and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of assigned HR projects and operations. The projects will be varied and may change from month to month thus the incumbent needs good project management skills and strong organizational skills. The Administrator will also provide excellent customer service to those in the Tyndale community with HR inquiries.
- Clean, improve, and ensure the integrity of the HRIS
- Oversee HR projects and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion
- Produce ad hoc reports as required, including organization charts and other HR reports (i.e., government reports, staff lists, recruitment activity, compensation related reports, etc.)Work with Accessibility committee to carry out various projects
- Conduct research and surveys as needed. In addition, the Administrator will need the skills to compile this information in a way that is readable and accessible
- Produce metrics reports with regards to recruitment, turn over rates, employee satisfaction, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate projects including data collection, report writing and analysis of relevant data
- Administer the recruitment and selection process for all non-managerial and non-academic staff positions, ensuring that Tyndale is staffed with high caliber candidates who are representative of Tyndale’s values and standards. (Direct involvement in Category 1 recruitment) Receive approved staffing requisitions and create / edit job postings based on approved job descriptions
- Post job openings on the Tyndale job board and website, as well as external sources
- Coordinate and conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates
- Create orientation packages. Conduct a welcoming induction program, ensuring an effective orientation and on-boarding of new personnel
- Generate job offers and contracts
- Develop and maintain position descriptions through collaboration with managers and supervisors, as well as maintain inventory of job postings
- Ensure vacancies are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Answer job inquiries via e-mail, phone, mail, or in person
- Provide administrative and operational support to the department by maintaining the departmental filing system, databases/HRIS
- Help out where necessary with benefits administration
- Assist with the maintenance and tracking of staff performance evaluation, including inputting performance evaluation ratings into the HRIS
- Add new employees on the HRIS and ensure all the information is up to date
- Ensure HR data is entered accurately and in a timely manner for payroll
- Prepare and process documentation relating to transfer/promotion, contract extensions, status changes and payroll changes
- Assist with coordinating employee events (e.g. Christmas Celebration. Service Award Ceremony, Take Our Kids To Work Day, etc.) to improve employee engagement, promote a positive work environment, and ensure effective employee relations
- Assist with the matters of employment accommodation
- Support administering employee in-service training program (First Aid & CPR, Health & Safety, AODA, etc.), including managing RSVP’s, room bookings, and catering
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Undergraduate university degree or equivalent (i.e. BA, BSc, BComm, etc.)
1 - 2 years related experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze facts and assumptions and apply effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to define critical paths and oversee projects to successful and timely completion
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation, policies and procedures
- Proficiency in use of internet/search engines, computer programs/applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships proactively with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- A passionate desire to serve family, church, work and community.
- Conducts oneself with professionalism and tact
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- Honest and dependable
- Positive and friendly
- Proven commitment to confidentiality
- Self-starter, strong work ethic
- Physical and Mental Demands:
- Position is performed in a standard university office environment and work situation.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.