Tyndale University College & Seminary is a multi-denominational, evangelical university college and seminary that prepares leaders for the ministry, marketplace and global mission of the church. Tyndale invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The successful candidates will subscribe to and sign Tyndale's Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Administrative and Support Services, the Director, Human Resources will work with staff and leadership to lead and implement key HR initiatives including programs, services, policies, with a view to supporting organizational wellness and effectiveness. The successful candidate will, strategically and tactically, partner with leadership to help meet Tyndale’s long-term strategic objectives. This role will also supervise and coach the HR team members, and support managers and senior leaders.
- Develop an organizational wellness strategy
- Create and sustain an environment of excellence, professionalism and continuous quality improvement
- Develop and implement short and long-range departmental and organizational goals
- Employee Engagement & Leadership Development:
- Provide resources and training to leaders with respect to employee engagement
- Foster leadership and staff development
- Recruit, develop, motivate, lead and mentor direct reports
HR Programs, Policies and Procedures:
- Using best practices, develop and implement HR programs and policies that support the overall objectives of the organization and ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Provide training, support and recommendations to both management and staff on HR standards, policies, procedures and help to ensure compliance
- Provide counsel to the executive and people managers with respect to best practices in employee relations
- Support resolution of employee issues and concerns
- Where needed, work with leaders to redesign organizational structure to meet needs and improve effectiveness
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Develop and execute recruitment and on-boarding strategies in order to attract and retain the talent Tyndale requires to meet its objectives
- Provide recruitment and onboarding support to departments
- HRIS, Compensation & Benefits:
- Provide oversight to the HRIS and ensure integrity of data
- Manage job evaluation process and documentation
- Manage Tyndale’s benefit programs, liaising with providers, monitoring service standards and recommending changes as needed
- Liaise with Payroll with respect to ‘hire to retire’ processes
Skills and Abilities:
- Human Resources strategic and tactical skills
- Working knowledge of applicable employment standards, HR policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change, as well develop and implement HR policies
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize effective processes in the HR department
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact, respect and confidentiality|
- Creative, analytical, and strategic thinker
- Ability to communicate, motivate and work collaboratively with all levels
- Proven strong relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Self-leader, willing to take responsibility for his/her actions and work
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Standard office environment and equipment
- Work outside regular business hours required occasionally
- While we appreciate all who apply, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University College & Seminary, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University College & Seminary provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.