Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The purpose of the International Student Liaison is to carry out the activities outlined in the International Student Readiness Plan to ensure Tyndale is in compliance with public health protocols, with a focus on serving international students who are completing their quarantine on campus at Tyndale University.
- Pick up international students arriving at Pearson International Airport, or other ports of entry, and transport them to Tyndale's campus
- Ensure COVID-19 protocols are being followed
- Prepare residence rooms for student arrival
- Provide to arriving international students a tour and orientation of quarantine facilities
- Arrange for culturally-appropriate meal delivery to students using a delivery service such as Uber Eats
- Act as Tyndale's designated contact person for international students while quarantining, problem-solving, and providing for needs that arise. Be available and on-call while students are in quarantine
- Check-in with students daily to verify they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, and are in good emotional and mental health
- To minimize exposure to others and in keeping with COVID-19 social distancing protocols, create schedules for kitchenette usage, laundry facilities, recreation space usage, etc.
- Transport students to and from COVID-19 test centres
- Transport students to and from scheduled medical appointments (if needed)
- Maintain records, documenting important dates and completion of requirements such as when COVID-19 testing was completed
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
High School graduation (grade 12) or equivalent
6 months to 1 year related experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills, ability to use inter/search engines, computer programs/applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to be a persuasive, professional advocate for the organization
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- A firm commitment to Tyndale's mission, values, statement of faith and community standards statements.
- A passionate desire to serve family, church, work and community.
- Confident and result oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and accountability; integrity
- Energetic, enthusiastic
- Intuitive; responsive to client needs
- Proven commitment to confidentiality
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Drivers license required
- Must meet the eligibility requirements to rent vehicles
Guidelines: Public health requirements are met
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.