Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The IT Support Specialist provides exceptional application support and technical assistance to end users by resolving and escalating IT support requests in a timely manner in the areas of hardware, software, and services, including the physical network and printers.
Customer Service and Support
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks, including classrooms and computer labs.
- Assist customers in resolving problems and providing detailed instructions either face to face or over the telephone.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems; diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Support the roll-out of new hardware and/or business applications.
- Respond to IT Support requests and general inquires within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Respond to multiple open help desk requests.
- Provide a high level of professional customer service to Tyndale user community while resolving IT support requests and addressing general inquiries.
Learning Solutions Level 1 Support
- Support faculty, students and staff in utilizing all learning management frameworks.
- Support faculty, students in course assessment process and analysis.
- Assist in Learning Management Solution development by identifying key areas for improvement.
- Provide support to faculty in the area of online content creation.
- Provide technical support to online students.
Student Information Systems Level 1 Support
- Provide first level support for all SIS (Student Information Systems).
- Assist in SIS development by identifying key areas for improvement (functions, features & utilities) based on client feedback and reoccurring issues.
- Assist in creating accounts and auditing permissions.
- Research new technologies.
- Research improved solutions and identify/recommend opportunities for continuous improvement of processes.
- Evaluate and test proposed new solutions.
Undergraduate degree or Diploma in Information Technology and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on IT technical and service experience
- In-depth experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience working within a post-secondary environment, preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Excellent capability with Windows operating system
- Proven ability to identify problems, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Customer focused attitude
- Self-driven with ability to recommend effective improvements while demonstrating a solid understanding and sensitivity to current methods of operation
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standard office environment
- Ability to lift moderately heavy IT equipment safely
- Availability to provide end users with on call support after regular business hours
- Stamina to respond to various end user requests
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to employment [at] tyndale [dot] ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For general employment information send your resumé to:
Tyndale University, Human Resources
3377 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. M2M 3S4
1-416-226-6620 ext 2103 fax: 1-416-226-6746
or e-mail: email@example.com
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.